Friday, July 14, 2006

The Big Weekend

I had five girls at art yesterday. For the summertime, when the lake beckons, five girls at one time is pretty good. As hot as it was yesterday, we should have canceled art and headed to the lake. This morning we woke up to the sound of thunder and some dark clouds. We have had thunder and clouds several times in the last few days, but the rain always seems to miss us.
I will head to Wichita Falls to my 30th high school reunion this morning. My mind is running in several different directions trying to think of all that I need to take, what all I need to do, and in what order to do it best. The mind at 48 is just not what it was at 18. I need to get a new pack of sticky note pads in order to leave myself reminders. I just keep forgetting to buy the sticky pads.

I once told my family that I would like to be a cruise director on a ship. My children snickered and said, "Drill sergeant is more like it." Then they mimicked me in their best sergeant voice, "You WILL play volleyball, and you WILL like it! You Will take ballroom dancing, and you WILL have fun!" So today, I think I will go into my drill sergeant/cruise director mode. Let’s get ‘er done!

I’ll let you know how it all turns out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time, and be sure to keep us posted.

Buck said...

Just have fun, Sarge! And yeah, we're waiting for the after-action report, too!

inpassing said...

Have a great time, but then you usually take the "fun" with you wherever you go. Look forward to a report on Sunday.