Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Inspiration

My computer has been giving me a few problems this morning. It has been slow and has bumped me off several times. My mind is also slow this morning. The good news is that I have done some art work this morning. I am close to finishing a portrait. Portraits are difficult because you can make the art look like the subject, but sometimes you cannot capture the personality - frustrating. I work on my art. I come and sit at the computer. I go back to my art with a fresh eye hoping to catch whatever it is that is not quite right. I need inspiration.

3 comments:

inpassing said...

I was sitting at my computer when you would sign on and then vanish...only to return again. I had to have the cable company out last week about our connection. It turned out to be a bad cable that was only about 2 feet long. They said the heat really affects the lines and connectors.

Becky G said...

Good luck with the art. Will you be posting it when you are done? I cannot draw people to save my life. I've been considering buying The Complete Idiot's Guide to Drawing People, by Brenda Hoddinott. I really like her other book, Drawing for Dummies.

Bag Blog said...

I am having some problems with my computer and my ability to post pictures, but if I can get them worked out, I will post my latest art work. Drawing faces and people is good exercise for finding relationships in your drawing - or seeing how things relate to one another (eyes to nose to mouth, etc) Here is a great hint: divide the face into three equal parts (thirds)- the hairline to the eyebrow - the eyebrow to the bottom of the nose - the bottom of the nose to the chin. The space between those three things is usually equal and it sets you up for the rest of the drawing - gets you going fairly accurately.