Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Rainy Days and Mondays

The good news is that it rained all weekend; the bad news is that we could not mow the lawn. Is that bad news? It was a very lazy Labor Day Weekend just perfect for napping and watching football. I started a new Baldacci book called "The Camel Club". During football season, I usually have several projects going like crocheting or reading or crossword puzzles. That way, my hands and mind are occupied during the games, but when Toby hollers, "Did you see that play?" I can look up and watch the replay.

The weekend was also full of the Grand Baby. We sat together during church where she was particularly squirmy. At one point, in my stern teacher voice, I said, "Do you want me to take you outside?" She said. "Yes" and started out the door. I had to drag her back and hold her down. She was leaving. What a mistake in my choice of words! After church, our usual pattern is to go outside and play in the churchyard while the grown-ups visit which explains why the word "outside" caused such problems. After church we did go outside, and she was able to run and play. I was worn out and needed a nap soon after lunch. She came to the house later in the afternoon, but with the rain, we were not able to chase the kittens or go see the horses. It was like trying to hold down a wave on the beach – so we "wrastled" on the bed with the dog.

It was raining Monday morning – we were lazy. Toby took me out to breakfast and to see the Grand Baby again. The rest of the day was more napping, reading, and football. It stopped raining late in the afternoon, so we were able to go to the park for a walk and a little exercise. Jesse got home from her weekend at the lake. Her hair was wild and curly from the humidity and the lake. She was worn out from jet skiing and too much fun. She had blisters from rowing the kayak. Lindsay was limping from some fall off the jet ski. Doesn’t that sound like fun? Ah, to be young again…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend to me! As far as being young again? Sometimes I think "yes," most times I think not. I wouldn't mind a re-run of Age 30, though! Just that one year, once again. {sigh}