Friday, February 23, 2007

Painting of the Week



One of my students brought in a picture from Park City, Utah. I thought it would best be done in watercolor, but she had not done many watercolors. In order to help her with the painting, I often paint the same picture. Painting together seems to work well when teaching - rather than me trying to explain where to paint certain colors or particular brush strokes. Watch, learn, imitate - tried and true teaching method. Plus, I get a painting too:) Kat's painting turned out very nice, and she finished it in one sitting. I may make watercolorist out these girls yet.

4 comments:

inpassing said...

That's a neat picture, Lou...and certainly how a lot of us have felt this summer...covered up with ice/snow!!

Laurie said...

Beautiful work :)

Douglas Miller said...

Lovely. You're a wonderful teacher, Lou.

Stay safe in this bad weather heading your way. :(

Laurie said...

I keep forgetting to ask if you have had a chance to check out the blog Cascade Exposures since you now have high speed. You might find some more inspiration from photos there. Link is on my sidebar.