Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Tag

This will probably be the most disappointing tag ever, but I will do it. I've been tagged by Kris to give you my Christmas Meme:

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? - Whatever is handy. My mother says that I am like my grandmother in that you are lucky if the present is wrapped at all.
2. Real or artificial tree? - I have a small artificial tree. Although I love the smell of a real tree (I have lived where you can chop your own in the forest) basically trees are a pain in the butt. Now, I refused to pay good money for a real tree someone else chopped. It was the hiking in the snow that was fun and made memories (some of our best fights). I bought a fake tree so I could display my ornaments - memory makers.
3. When do you put up your tree? - Hmm, I have not put up a tree in at least three years - no room.
4. When do you take the tree down? If I put a tree up, it will come down soon after new years.
5. Do you like eggnog? only with VO.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? - I loved dolls and got a redheaded Barbie when I was nine years old. When I was 16, I got my birthstone ring right before I left to spend Christmas in RR without my family. Then about 20 years ago Toby gave me his mother‘s wedding rings on Christmas - the best gift
7. Do you have a nativity scene? - No.
8. Worst Christ gift you've ever received? - My in-laws play a dirty Santa game every year. Last year I got a donkey mask, but I did not kick it across the room.
9. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? - Mail - my paintings of the week.
10. Favorite Christmas movie? - "White Christmas" with Danny Kay and Frank Sinatra. A more recent favorite is "The Family Stone".
11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? - Shopping? Maybe next week…
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? - Toby’s sisters do the most wonderful dinner (makes up for the donkey mask) and grill tenderloin.
13. Clear or colored lights on the tree? - Probably colored is better, but if it comes already on the tree, then whatever will do.
14. Favorite Christmas song? - Silent Night .

So the deal with this Christmas Meme is that you are supposed to tag 3 people - and leave them comments to let them know they've been tagged.. I tag the following:
TFNP
Becky
Dawn

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So...why is that disappointing? It was interesting...especially the Christmas Cards. Boy I'd love to be on YOUR mailing list for one of those...

Reflections by Kris

Bag Blog said...

Kris, all you have to do is send me your snail-mail addy.

mornin'lady said...

I think I would have kicked the donkey mask. After all, it is "Dirty Santa" is it not?
Thanks for the tag, Lou, it stirred up many good memories, and was actually fun after I got over the initial fear of the unknown!

Anonymous said...

I must say that it is Bing Crosby in White Christmas not Frank Sinatra. Sorry just had to make that little correction. :)

Buck said...

The good thing about memes...easy blog-fodder for days when you don't wanna think (or can't).

The bad thing about memes: that they exist at all. (Jes KIDDING! But thanks from the bottom of my heart for NOT tagging me...)

I enjoyed reading this one. Really.

Anonymous said...

Me too, me too...would love one of your Christmas cards, Lou!

Happy Holidays!
Catherine

Bag Blog said...

Several people pointed out that Bing Crosby, not Frank Sinatra, was in "White Christmas." I knew it was some crooner. Personally, I think Frankie would have been better.