Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Move

Toby and I took the horse trailer to WF on Friday morning. My sister was already in WF due to her work schedule. My sister and I started packing while Toby did some work at the new house – shelf building and such. The Move started in earnest. My little brother and his family live in WF and were able to start helping soon after they got off work on Friday. My big brother showed up Friday night. All four siblings together to move Mom – pretty wild! Jes wanted to put a caption on this photo - "Ain't gonna fit."

Saturday we hit it hard all day long. The weather was very cooperative. We worked all day and came home late last night. Later, I will write more on my thoughts of the move, but know that we "got ‘er done." There were some intense moments and some tears, but for the most part things went well. Jesse showed up and was a ray of sunshine as was my niece who turned 13 on Friday. Jesse took the camera and made some memory photos, some artsy photos, and some just plain silly photos. You can go to her blog and check them out when she gets them posted. She let me post a few to show you how the day went, and I may post more photos later. This morning we are headed back to WF to do some unpacking and clean up work.

7 comments:

Buck said...

Ah... Great good news about the move. I'd thought there might be a few tears. One doesn't live anywhere as long as your Mom did without making a lot of memories. Letting them go is hard. (and I have a firm grasp on the obvious.)

Catherine MacDermott said...

Lou, I am so sorry to have missed the "moving party!" That university I worked for was so inconsiderate in planning the homecoming activities without asking me about my schedule! :) Anyway, it sounds like your Mom is just about set up in her new home -- thanks to the many hands, muscles, horse trailers, trucks, and more that showed up in mass!

I know the move was both emotionally and physically exhausting, but am sure your Mom so appreciates all your help!

Jo Castillo said...

Glad the weather cooperated. Hard to get that to happen in TX. :) Lots of work, but like you said...done.

mornin'lady said...

Good news indeed! I'm sure you all were just the support your Mom needed to take that big step and I'm glad it worked out you were able and it got done quickly!

Inquiries said...

I am glad the move went well. Moving is hard. Especially when you live in that house for a long time. I hope your Mom likes her new house.

The Friendly Neighborhood Piper said...

"Jesse showed up and was a ray of sunshine "

awwww, if i'da known she was going down i woulda provided a ray of moonshine!

Bag Blog said...

Piper, that was brought by the brother-in-law.