Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Foxy Fifty

When my little sister was born, my parents let me name her. I named her Kathy after my friend in NM. This week my friend turns 50 years old. I know I blogged about her before, but I could not find the post. When we were both 17, we were running around Red River in her yellow jeep. We pulled up at the post office and she ran inside while I waited for her. My friend, Steve S. came up and said, "Wow! Who is your foxy friend?" Rather than answer him, I said, "Wait a minute; am I foxy?" Steve said, "No, you are cute, but not foxy." His reply rather irritated me, and so I refused to introduce him to Kathy. Of course, we have all been good friends since then, but it still rather rubs me that I was only "cute."


Kathy is still foxy at 50!

6 comments:

Inquiries said...

Yes she is still foxy at fifty and you will soon be still cute at fifty. I am in the same boat with you on the cute thing. Not fair! But hey you live with what you have right. ;)

Buck said...

Kathy is still foxy at 50!

Indeed she is. And Happy Birthday to Kathy!!

The Friendly Neighborhood Piper said...

Honestly, the foxy chix are fun to look at but...rarely do you wanna live with'em (of course, i've only heard this, its not experiential).

Anonymous said...

vvYep she is still a beauty!!! Isn't it funny that we are still the same people and looked at in much the same manner even after all these years....I feel grown up and different but when push comes to shove I'm still the one to put things in order and make it all look nice...Happened to me yesterday...One of my doctors says to me "Anny could you halp me find my jar of spinage dip? I have the lid but I have misplaced the jar of dip and I'm hungry" My response..."you have GOT to be kidding me!!!!"

Anonymous said...

sorry for typeo's and mistakes...it's early

Anonymous said...

Correction SPINACH.....