Friday, April 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Pete

Today is my baby brothers 45th birthday. It is difficult to explain how much I love Pete and enjoy being with him, and yet how I often want to do bodily damage to him. Although there is five years difference in our ages, we were often great buddies. Yet, he was also the pesky little brother - he played that role very well. The photos were taken in 1965 at our home in Electra, TX. This photo is of Pete's first birthday. Mom was a stay-at-home mom back in those days. She took care of the whole neighborhood. In the photo from L to R is Mom, me, Pete, Craig and Phil Young (a neighbor kid). I wonder where Dale was that day? The second photo is of me, Craig and Pete in our overalls (standard uniform for us) painting our a playhouse that Dad built for us. It was a great playhouse. Notice my ponytail - Dad always insisted that my hair be pulled back away from my face. We had a ritual at night where he would cut the rubberband from my hair and massage my head. We had lots of silly little rituals like that. Another ritual was for the neighborhood kids to line up on the sidewalk and run to my dad who would pick us up and swing us around - every day when he came home from work. My parents did not take many photos back then, but Dad probably took these. He kept them in an album along with other memorabilia that he collected. He typed directly on them - pretty funny and so typical Dad. The photos certainly bring back some great memories. Have a great day Pete!

5 comments:

Junk Diva said...

Happy Birthday Pete!!! I love the pic. in your overalls, way cute.

Inquiries said...

Happy Birthday Pete!

Buck said...

Happy Birthday, Pete!

mornin'lady said...

I like the squatted position too, looks like your really into your work there, I can almost imagine your tounge sticking out in the intensity of the moment,getting that paint on just right.
Have a Happy and Wonderful Birthday Pete! You have a pretty cool big sister here ya know!

Course of Perfection said...

Happy Birthday, Pete!