Monday, April 14, 2008

Okie Party

Okies will use any excuse to have a party. Lindz and her family did some yard cleaning and needed to burn a brush pile. It was the perfect excuse to have a weenie roast. The weather was cooperative – cool enough to want to be near a fire, but not cold. The wind even died down toward evening making it okay for a fire. Everyone brought food. The Junk Diva brought her famous homemade sweet rolls – so much for my diet. Everyone and their dog was there. You know you are a redneck if you bring your new lawnmower to show the neighbors. Toby got on this ZTR and spun out, swung around, and drove through the croquet game causing everyone to scatter. He looked like he did not know what he was doing – like he was out of control, but he chased several people around and finally had to stop because he was laughing so hard. I’m telling you, the man has an ornery streak. The young folks had a good time – here is Kat, Lindz, Shay (Lindz’ young man), Jesse, Reagan, andZach. As the sun went down, we all moved closer to the fire. Here is Jes and her dad. Toby is either warming his hands, preparing to tease someone else, or doing his Bill Hearne impression. Jesse also took pictures as did the Junk Diva - maybe they will post a photo or two. A good time was had by all.

Update: Jesse did post pics.

8 comments:

Junk Diva said...

I do believe a redneck or two showed up. I was most impressed when the girls brought out coffee with enough fixins to put Starbucks to shame. I also liked the fact that we sat around a bonfire and watched videos on a laptop. Good times! Good times!

The Friendly Neighborhood Piper said...

fun, Fun, FUN!!!

Shay said...

I don't know that we are all rednecks, but if that is how some would classify themselves... All is good with me... I had a great time... I came to see the pics... Yeah-Ah!!!

Buck said...

Great pics, Lou. I like that mower. It's good to see technology advance... my riding mower didn't have cup-holders back in the day when I needed a vehicle of that sort, resulting in more than a few spilt beers.

Ain't technology grand! Especially watching vids on a laptop by the bonfire... ;-)

Inquiries said...

The picture of Scott and Tank on the lawn mower is funny!

Junk Diva said...

Shay: I said a redneck or two, but if the shoe is starting to fit............

Course of Perfection said...

I wondered how a weenie-roast would transpire in downtown Velma. Now I know.

Looks life fun!

Bag Blog said...

Diva, The coffee may have been the highlight of the evening - just because of the way we were served.

Shay, You can come by my blog anytime - feel free to read and not just look at the pics.

Buck, Toby and I bought a new riding lawnmower which was a necessity living in the middle of a hay field. The old lawn mower did not have a cup holder - so we joked that that was the reason for buying a new lawnmower. I hear you on the spilt beer.

Ashley, The dogs were highly entertaining - I think the Diva may have taken some pictures of Mr. Smitty dancing with Ali (Jeremy's boxer).

CoP, "Downtown Velma" - now that made me lol.