Thursday, May 08, 2008

On the Mend

Back when the government decided to make it difficult for law-abiding citizens to purchase cold medicine over the counter, many drug companies decided to take the "good stuff" out of their formulas thinking that people would be more likely to buy their remedies off of the shelf. Not me; I’m a brick-brain about this sort of thing. I want something that is proven to work. If the druggist wants to take my ID and make me sign an affidavit, I will look him in the eye and do it. It is too bad that Nyquil gave in and changed their formula – I miss it. Yes, I was a Nyquil Junkie. That stuff was great at night. It worked wonders for your cold and knocked you out so you could sleep. Now I have a new remedy. I take something with an antihistamine for my cold and to help with sleep. Then have Toby fix me a hot toddy with a shot of whiskey – hey it’s as good as Nyquil! I am feeling much better today. I did cancel art today and plan on continuing to take it easy. Hopefully, I am on the mend.


By the way, we have had lots of rain lately. The pond is overflowing the spillway. Several times yesterday we had odd bursts of thunderstorms, wind, and a little sleet. The driveway is a mess right now. It is probably a good think I canceled art – I doubt if anyone but a real cowgirl could get up our driveway.

7 comments:

The Friendly Neighborhood Piper said...

"anyone but a real cowgirl could get up our driveway."

I made it in and out ok...wait...
...what exactly are you saying?

Glad you're feeling better, i knew more whiskey would work...it always does.

Sea-gal said...

my uncle swears by the whiskey - for every ache and pain! I'm happy to hear you're feeling better. Maybe the sunshine will help as well!

Buck said...

Hey... A hot toddy (or two)... it's the Wisdom of the Ages, ain't it?

And...umm... Jay. Dude. Don't ask the question if you can't stand the answer! :-)

Bag Blog said...

Jay, it rained quite a bit more the next day. I don't know if you could have made it or not :)

inpassing said...

I tried to call today, but didn't get any answer. Finally decided to sign on just to see if you were feeling any better. Glad to hear you are making progress in that direction.

The Friendly Neighborhood Piper said...

The fun is always in the tryin'.

Evil Transport Lady said...

I feel the same way about meds. They changed my Sudafed! Shit, it was the only thing that would help my allergies! But alas I have adjusted. Glad you are feeling better!