Monday, January 05, 2009

San Antonio Photos


This is the big margarita that we drank on New Year's Eve. I don't particularly like this photo of myself, but I did think it was funny that the margarita matches my eyes - looks like I drank myself full. The second margarita photo was taken at La Margarita - it was a smaller drink, but more tasty. This one is for you, Buck. I love the night photos with the lights and reflections - taken with Jesse's camera. This photo was also taken on New Year's Eve at the carnival - Jesse always takes a fun picture. Here she is at the La Villita outside of Susan Carlin's art gallery.
I love her cheesy smile in this photo, which was taken at the Governor's Palace. We also took lots of photos in the courtyard, but they are very artsy or should I say for painting purposes later.
Here are two photos of the houses on King William street. Jesse and I love old houses and architecture.
And last, but not least, is the photo of Jes and I taken by Jes at Enchanted Rock. If you are wondering how I posted so many of these photos, well, I am at the public library using high speed internet. Jesse has some photos up at her blog too.

10 comments:

Becky G said...

Wow! That margarita really does match your eyes! Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase, "up to your eyeballs in..."

Jenny said...

That's one big margarita! Hope it tasted as good as it looked!

Bob said...

Glad you made it to Enchanted Rock. The River Walk is nice, but I figured a couple of country girls like y'all would enjoy a field trip.

joyce said...

I love Enchanted Rock. Were you there the day it reached 84 degrees? Was it crowded?

Bag Blog said...

Bob and Joyce, we did love the Enchanted Rock. My car temp said it was 83 outside. I'm not sure what the crowd is normally like at ER, but there was a line of cars on the highway to get in and the parking lots were full. The people looked like ants all over the rock, but it was not like we were bumping into each other - the space there is so wide-open.

Buck said...

Excellent photos... and I think it's just SO VERY cool that ya gots "margarita eyes!" I also think there's a country song lurking in that phrase... somewhere. ;-)

Bag Blog said...

Buck, you made me lol and almost spew diet pepsi. For some reason, "margarita eyes" do not conjur up a pretty picture for me - kind of like "whiskey eyes."

Doc said...

Dang! Now I need a margarita.

Buck said...

For some reason, "margarita eyes" do not conjur up a pretty picture for me - kind of like "whiskey eyes."

Short story: I googled "margarita eyes" before I wrote that comment, thinking the allusion is so obvious that someone must have thought of it and wrote that song. Well, I hit the "I'm feeling lucky" button in Google (I always do... just to see what comes up) and was rewarded with a "how-to" YouTube video by some transvestite on how to apply eye makeup. Try it!

So. I thought "nah... think I'll let THAT one pass..."

MezzoCO said...

looks (and sounds) like ya'll had a blast...yay! great way to ring in the new year!