Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Pottery Class

This is what we have been doing the last two evenings. Jesse and I took a little pottery class. Most of the class was hand-building techniques as seen in this photo. We did get to do some wheel throwing too. It was fun - makes me want to get back into pottery - Yep, I took pottery in college amongst my other art classes. When you are married with babies, pottery takes up too much time and money. Back then, getting my college degree and moving on was much more important than throwing pots. But yeah, I do like it lots.

6 comments:

Buck said...

Don't all y'all look industrious!

Apropos of nothing... I've known a few women that could throw pots, too. ;-)

Christina RN LMT said...

Awesome! Learning how to properly throw a pot is on my bucket list, among many other things.

Glad y'all had fun!

Becky G said...

That is something I've always wanted to try. I've just never had the opportunity.

Bag Blog said...

Buck, I played shortstop and third base during my softball days - yep I can throw whatever.

Christina, I bet with masseuse hands you would be great at pottery. Go for it!

Hey Becky, I know you have artistic talent. You should look it to finding someone who teaches pottery.

Jo Castillo said...

Very cool. I think playing in the clay is like playing in pastels. Fun to get your hands dirty. :)

Bag Blog said...

Jo, you should have seen me the first day of that pottery class - lets just say I "embraced" my work.