Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Finders Keepers

When we landed at the airport in OKC, Toby said, "Do you have the parking receipt that tells us where we parked?" Keep in mind that it was dark outside and we had been up since 3:30 AM and had parked in the long term parking.

"No."

" I gave it to you when I gave you the keys to put in your purse."

"No you didn’t. You just gave me the keys."

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"I’m sure I gave you the receipt."

"If you had given it to me, then I would have it, but you didn’t."

We did manage to find the car without too many problems – just a little brilliant deduction and the alarm on the key chain was helpful.

This morning I asked Toby to look in his backpack for a pottery tool that I had purchased at the art store in Buffalo. I had searched the luggage and purse to no avail, but thought that maybe I had put it in his backpack (Lord knows why I would do such a thing, but it was worth lowering myself to ask Toby to look). He came back and said that he had not found the tool thangie in his backpack (which really doesn’t mean much when you think about it considering he can’t find his butt with both hands most of the time). So I said, "I guess when I was packing and sorting through things - making a pile to keep and a pile to throw away, I must have put it in the pile to throw away. It is probably with that parking receipt." Toby snorted.

4 comments:

commoncents said...

THANK YOU for posting this! I love your page!!

Steve
Common Cents
http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com

Buck said...

It is probably with that parking receipt." Toby snorted.

Heh. I know someone EXACTLY like that. ;-)

Bag Blog said...

Buck, I'm pretty sure I never had the parking receipt, but I do love to razz Toby.

Jo Castillo said...

Oh, my! This sounds tooooo familiar! So happy you could make the trip.