Thursday, January 24, 2013

Plans Awry

My tutoree is off on a ski trip, so I have been off, too. Maybe off my rocker or off my schedule, but definitely not off my feed.  All the things that I had hoped to get done this week are not getting done. It seems nothing goes as planned.  But that is okay.

Monday a couple of my lady friends came over, and we worked on the upcoming youth banquet decorations.  I made chicken noodle soup for the ladies at lunch. I never make chicken noodle soup. So when Toby asked if he could have some Sunday night while I was cooking, I said yes and asked for his opinion. He ate some and told me it was not nearly spicy enough and to add Zataran's. It really hurt my feelings - I should say pissed me off and be truthful here. His response, "Well, you asked." I did, but it was chicken noodle soup not jambalaya.

Tuesday I had my art class. Wednesday I went to WF to spend time with Mom.  Well, that was my plan.  I got there early so that I could go to coffee with her and her girl friends.  I have not seen her friends in months. They were quite silly and lots of fun. But my plan to do some shopping and kick around with Mom went awry, because she has a man friend now.  He had asked her to pick him up and take him to get his truck, which was in the shop over in Holiday (little suburb of WF).  If he is brave enough to have Mom drive him somewhere, he is one brave man, or crazy.  I could have gone with them to Holiday, but then I would not have gotten to see Jesse at lunch and that was part of my plan.  My plan included picking up Toby's mom for lunch too. So, I sent Mom and Robert off to Holiday, while I went to pick up Toby's mom. But that went awry.  She was not feeling well (had a fever) and did not want to get out.  Her fever caused me some worry, but I still went and met Jesse for lunch.  It was such a pretty day, that we ate outside, and of course we giggled all through lunch.  I hate it that I did not get to spend much time with Mom or Toby's mom, but I really enjoyed Jesse. She had to get back to school, so it was short-lived.  In all, it was a rather dull day.

Today, there is a guy coming over for an art lesson. He wants to know a bit about watercolor. He just wants one lesson. I can do that. It should go well enough, but then my other plans this week have not gone like I thought. So, we shall see.

Another thang that is out of whack this week is my female hormones.  I won't go into detail, but this fifty-plus age thang is interesting.

That's all I got for now. I will leave you with a photo that the other grandma sent me via her phone.  Mr. T is smiling now, and he is quite the charmer. And this photo was taken with my phone while I was keeping Mr.T last week. I don't do self-portraits very well - short arm.

6 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Such a cute Mr. T! Hope your weekend is better than the week. It has been blah around here.

Buck said...

I second Teh Cute!

Buck said...

Yer self-portrait ain't all THAT bad. And hasn't the weather been simply BRILLIANT? I can't believe I took Happy Hour clad in a tee shirt, jeans, and bare feet yesterday... the 23rd of January.

Bag Blog said...

Thanks,Jo. It really has not bee a bad week; my plans just never go according to plan.

Bag Blog said...

Buck, while eating outside with Jesse, I worried about getting sunburned. It was very nice.

Becky G said...

Awww, he's so sweet!