Monday, May 06, 2013

Weekend Report - Art Show

Thirty years ago in May, I was preparing to graduate from Midwestern State University. I had been on the seven year plan - go to school, meet and marry the man of my dreams, go to school, switch schools, have a baby, go to school, move to Dallas, go to school, move to Vernon, TX, go to school, have another baby and at last graduate with way more hours than was necessary.

Jesse was almost a year old when I graduated. Now she is at MSU and taking art classes and planning on being a teacher. What goes around, comes around. She still has another year of art and education classes.
Friday night MSU had their student art show. Jesse and her friend Carissa were the hostess for the food table at the show. Toby and I scurried over to WF after work, had dinner with my brother and his wife and went to the art show.  It was a good show. Jesse got another little scholarship and won the best in ceramics for her tea pot. Here are a couple of different views and my lovely SIL in the background. 
Here is her painting of a fellow art student. Her metals project called "Old Soul" - notice the key inside the house. This is all metal.
Here is another ceramic project.
Here is her printmaking project. Jesse has been a busy girl this semester. But I think back to my college days - taking art classes along with education classes, trying to take care of two babies - it was hard. The art classes were great fun, but the babies and husband are priceless.

7 comments:

Buck said...

Wow. What a great display o' Jesse's talent. Impressive.

Stefan said...

Jesse portait des bottes de cow-boy, un véritable Okie ! :-)

Becky G said...

Jesse has been busy! Her work looks great.

Jo Castillo said...

Wow, I'm impressed with Jesse's work. Super ceramics! Well super all of them. Hugs all around. You've done well with your education, too.

Bag Blog said...

Jesse's friend, Carissa, said that the two of them were like Green Acres - country and city girls.

Bag Blog said...

Thanks everyone. Jesse has worked hard and I am pretty proud of her.

Stefan said...

Okay, I thought maybe you were having some francaise withdrawls, so I was feeding you there...

The nice thing about being in my 60's, is I can pinch women now and not get arrested. They look pinchable :-)
I could have been Mr. Haney...

I got a water color set for my birthday from my niece, so maybe I'll be inspired to bleed on some white paper. Course it's only 8 colors, so I can't do too much damage...

... Y'all are very artistic !