Monday, July 15, 2013

July Rain

It is the middle of July, and it is raining cats and dogs. Hallelujah! It started raining in the wee hours of Sunday morning. It rained all day yesterday. The temps by late afternoon were in the 70's. Toby and I got out for a bit of a Sunday drive around 7 PM. It had stopped raining and the sun was beginning to set and make things glow. The clouds seemed to be breaking up - quite lovely.  Then as we sat in our recliners watching Masterpiece Theater/ Endeavor last night, it started to rain againIt was still raining when we got up this morning. I love it.

Sunday after church, we all took a nap while it rained outside.  It reminded me of our early married days in Red River. Toby and I loved to take an afternoon nap especially when there was a mountain thunderstorm. There was just nothing like the cool mountain air, rain, and thunder echoing through the valley.  Sometimes in the late afternoon, the rain would stop, but clouds would still be hanging low in the valley. Then as the sun set in the west, it would cause the valley to glow orange. This photo was taken by my SIL while we were in RR over the 4th.

This morning I took a rain-check on exercise, since it is raining and I have lots to do today.  For right now, I am going to drink my coffee and watch/listen to the rain. Last week was a crazy week of catching up with things that needed to be done outside the house. Hopefully this week I can get some things done inside the house.



6 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Ah, rain. Love it. I like the thundershowers in the mountains, too. Then the sun comes out and it all smells good! We were lucky and woke up to sprinkles and a bit of rain, too. .5 inches so far. Sat on the porch with coffee and sketched. Life is good!

Stefan said...

I loved the weathermans/womans on local TV. They gushed with excitement saying "this low pressure is moving from east to west!" As if they never had warm milk before. "It's warm!"

There's this gay weatherman in OKC who moves his hands all over the map like he's molesting someone... "It's moving east to west!" he exclaims like a little girl.

yea buddy, get a grip...

Buck said...

Yup... I love the rain, too. It started raining around midnite last evening, just about the time I went to bed, so I missed most of it. But we have three days of rain in this week's forecast. The BEST part? Yesterday we were supposed to hit 104, today our high is supposed to be 79. Yays!

Bag Blog said...

Now that tornado season is over, they have to get excited over something. I call our weatherman, "Chicken Little."

Bag Blog said...

Yep, You and Gene are livin' it up.

Bag Blog said...

It is in the low 70's so far today. I'm lovin' this weather - smack dab in the middle of summer!