Friday, November 22, 2013

Crazy

This is a letter that I sent to my friend Jo. Since I have been missing my blog-buddies, I thought I would post this:
 
Hey,
I went to Wichita Falls yesterday to check on the moms and do some grocery shopping. Mostly, it was a beautiful day with temps in the low 70's. Although it was overcast, it was not windy nor was it cold. The grey sky made a nice backdrop for the fall leaves - very paintable. At 3 PM I stopped by to visit my cousin whose office is near the tamale place - where I was headed to order my Thanksgiving tamales. I came out of my cousin's office before 4 and the wind was howling and the temps were dropping. It was now 59. By the time I got my tamales and headed out of town it was 49. It was 43 when I got home. We were into the 30's as the sun went down. Crazy weather!
 
The mom's were good, if not a bit crazy themselves. But who am I to say anything. Most of the day my shirt was bothering my neck. I kept thinking that I would never wear that shirt again because it was so irritating. It was about 2 PM when I was at Sam's Club that I realized I had my shirt on backwards. It was so much better after I turned it around. 
 
I wanted to go by Hobby Lobby and look at frames, but time got away from me as well as the weather turning nasty. I need to do some framing. I need to do lots of things, but with Thanksgiving coming, art will have to wait. Looks like we are gonna have a house full. My brother called me on Wed to ask if I was getting things ready. I told him, "Na. I am waiting until next week. Then I will work like crazy to get it all done. 
 
Forever the procrastinator,
Lou

4 comments:

PANCHO AND LEFTY said...

I got a arthritis referral to a doctor in WF. Drove down I44 and they had three money takers - $4.75 I think, plus two McDonalds coffee (and pit) stops. On the way back I decided to take a different route and headed east on HW70 to Ardmore. Turns out it is 40 miles longer and the only two towns looked about like the town in the movie "The Last Picture Show" and I think I saw the same guy out in the middle of the street with a broom...

Bag Blog said...

Sometimes I would rather pay the toll than to stop at all the little Okie towns.

Jo Castillo said...

Ah, Lou and Pancho. At least you didn't have to have a nap on the way like we do between Bastrop and Houston!

Lou, I was going to tell you that you should post the e-mail. We all miss your news! I get a smile for my whole day.

Stay warm and safe through this storm. I'm in my sweatpants after short weather two days ago. Yikes!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! We will have a housefull, too. Hugs.

Unknown said...

I'm amazed, I have to say. Really hardly at any time do I experience a site that's the two educative and entertaining, and allow me tell you, you might have strike the nail on the head. Your concept is fantastic the issue is anything that not ample men and women are speaking intelligently about. I am very joyful that I stumbled across this in my find for anything referring to this. stucco solution in Albuquerque New Mexico, stucco restoration in Albuquerque New Mexico