Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Day two of the Inca Trail

I am very thankful for fellow travelers on our four day trek who have posted pics of the trip.  The following pics were posted on FB by Kathryn (from London, England) and her friend Pete. These photos were all taken on the second day and longest hiking day of the trip. I love this first pic because it shows the valley where we had been hiking. Look down along the river - that is where we came from. You can see above Pete's head (left) a bit of trail there too. Here is a pic of Chileans, Joel and Danit, and behind them is the valley where we would continue hiking.
Here are a few other pics of our hike on the Inca Trail.

Here are some pics of one of our rest stops a local farmer's house.
The critter.
The parrot.
The Monkey. I'll post some more of Kathryn's photos tomorrow.


Jo Castillo said...

Great photos! I'm still glad you were on the trail and able to do it. I always felt so at home in Bolivia, more than Peru, but Machu Picchu felt special, too. We saw a man play a flute that was about 6 ft. long in Cusco. He had to stand on a chair, of course. I don't know how he had enough air to blow on it for a whole song. They do have super lungs and blood full of iron. It is a little over 11,000 ft. there, similar to La Paz. Ah, you make me homesick, but I love the memories.

Bag Blog said...

I certainly did not have enough air in Cusco to blow a flute. I had to huff and puff to get up the hill to our hotel. I did not complain too much, because our first hostal, Loki, was at the top of a very long steep hill. Even the young people were out of breath when they got to it.

I'll have to post some pictures of the mercado that Jesse, Lindz and Shay found. It was more like where the locals shopped. You know, dead animal carcasses hanging, lots of veggies, fruits, beans, etc.

Stefan said...

Re: carcasses... I spent about 8 years in Riyadh, Arabia and they had a lot of restaurants in the old section of town with meat hanging everywhere. They always had a lot of flies on them. I decided to see what it tasted like, and the guy wacked-off a piece and threw it on the grill. Then he started seasoning and rubbing on all sorts of stuff. My stomach started rumbling and he wrapped it in a newspaper a handed it to me, and I gave him some money. I took a few little bites, and then wolfed down the whole thing.

I was expecting to be in the hospital by evening, but I survived with no complications. Thus started my weekly walk to the souks and my newspaper-steak-n-onions. He also had the wildest apple tasting drink (no alcohol there).

Bag Blog said...

Sounds wonderful to me.