Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Rolling into Fall

Life has been rolling along here in OK - nothing exciting. The weather has improved a bit. We have had some great days in the 70's with lots of sunshine. I love those days. They remind me of our days in South America especially Ecuador. The temps there are very pleasant getting down in the 40's at night and up in the 70's by day - 80's were getting warm there. Yesterday it got into the 80's here. I can live with that, but with my old lady thang, 80's are a bit warm especially when I'm out on the campaign trail. We walked our butts off yesterday hanging flyers on doors in Lawton, and it was rather warm. Sweat poured off my body. The good news is that my weight is down today. If I just did that every day, I'd waste away.
Mr T is doing well. He is a busy boy. He is learning American Sign Language as did his older sisters.  He is just pretty darn good at his signing.  He loves to watch "Signing Time"  and will climb the book case to get to the DVD and then put it in the player. One day he was trying to sign something, but his hands were full. Toby said, "It's difficult to sign with your hands full." I replied, "Or with your mouth full." That was for Gene.

Mr T also loves to sweep or rake. In this photo he is wearing his sister's bike helmet - backwards. I love his little tongue sticking out as he works. He is a happy kid. This weekend is our church camp. We are taking the GGs and the tent and spending the night. Yikes!  Mr T is not supposed to stay the night with us, but I bet he will want to stay with us in the tent. It could be a wild time.

Today I am headed to WF to the Empty Bowls event. I'm gonna pick me out a bowl and eat some soup.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to WF to see the doctor yesterday, so I guess no bowl for me :-) Poor timing eh...

I did stop at a Jack in the Box on the way home - burp - it was terrible, and they charged me 80 cents for the added bacon.

Bag Blog said...

Anon, I had several tiny bowls of soup from different restaurants around WF. It was good, but not very filling unless one wanted to make a pig of oneself in front of lots of people.

Jo Castillo said...

Ah, such a sweetie! Can't believe he is so big, I'm anxious to meet Mr T. :) The signing with hands full made me laugh, I will get Gene to look.

Did you make bowls for that?

We usually go to the Empty Bowl here in March or April as I recall. It is usually on a UT Baseball day and we go and buy some bowls and eat a bite. My soup is usually limited with my no gluten thing, but Gene is not shy about making a pig of himself in front of all. Ha.

Bag Blog said...

Back in August I went with Jesse to throw bowls all day. It was great fun. I did not get to trim them or glaze them, but there were other volunteers that helped with that.

While looking through the bowls on display I found one bowl that I knew I had thrown. It was a good bowl, but I chose a different bowl - one more funky.

Okie from OK said...

Just a reminder for people celebrating the Catholic inspired Halloween :-)

The object of the exercise is to bribe the kids with candy so that they will pray to get your relatives and friends out of purgatory.

You see, most Catholics don't make a direct trip to heaven. We have to be checked-out first, and this could take years based on the life lived.

So remember, lots and lots of candy!

Okie from OK said...

I forgot to say, that since All Saints day falls on a Saturday (Nov 1st) that attending Mass is mandatory (well, not so mandatory in America, where mandatory means optional). So make sure the kids don't eat all their candy and are vomiting during Mass... I think that might be a sin, and they will have to go to purgatory, but I know very few Catholics who escape that anyway, so what the hell...