Friday, January 23, 2015

Taking a Bite

Last night I made salmon croquettes with dill sauce straight out of Southern Living.  With salmon, egg, oniouns, celery, and spices the croquettes were good and good for you. The dill sauce was made with Greek yogurt.  Then I made Brussels sprouts with lemon and garlic and Parmesan cheese roasted in the oven.  Another good for you food! Then I topped it off with some healthier banana nut bread made with almond flour, coconut flour, etc. I think I need a good housekeeping badge.

Not only did I cook an excellent meal, I started a painting yesterday. 
This is the start, but not the finished piece. Sometimes I like the rough cut better than the finished piece, but this one does need some more work. I needed to be on the right side of my brain, and I couldn't seem to get there. So, I stopped. But it felt good to get out the pastels and go at it. Now let's see if I can get 'er done. It helps me to see the photo of my work.

One of the ladies from the Wine and Watercolor party called and asked me if I wanted to help paint on the latest set of Duncan Little Theater production - The Sound of Music. After much debate, I decided it would be fun to do. So, tomorrow morning I am suppose to meet and paint on the set. I'll let you know how it goes. I've painted some murals before, but not for a production like this.  Hopefully, I did not bite off more than I can chew.

6 comments:

Moogie P said...

Look at you, being all healthy and stuff! I like the painting. You have such a good eye for detail.

Jo Castillo said...

Your dinner sounds excellent. I like roasted veggies, they taste like they have more volume or some such. I get fuller! The painting is coming along nicely, looking forward to the finish! Glad to see you painting.

Bag Blog said...

Our eating healthy will last for a little while. Then the hubby will demand cake or something.

Bag Blog said...

I like roasted veggies too. I like everything - that is the problem.

Jo Castillo said...

Liking everything is such a problem. I don't care for blackeyed peas, the texture. I don't care for clams and oysters, I always get sand. Otherwise I'm pretty much an all around eater. And I will eat those things if I have to. Ha.

Bag Blog said...

Coconut is not my favorite - tastes like grass, but I will eat it. Beets taste like dirt. Hmm, I can't think of anything else that I really dislike.