Thursday, January 29, 2015

Teaching Lesson

One of the ladies whom I used to paint with asked me to teach a watercolor class to the ladies she now paints with, and so I did. I think my friend normally paints with about seven ladies. Last year I did an acrylic class with them. I thought that class had gone fairly well, but maybe I was wrong. Maybe they did not like my teaching techniques or maybe they did not really want to do watercolor. Anyway, only two ladies showed up along with my art buddy. It made for a good time - only having the three of them was easy to teach. 
I gave the ladies a couple of choices to paint. They chose the lighthouse. It is the same one that I have used on other teaching occasions. To me, it is has some nice watercolor effects - great for teaching. My painting has some drawing problems that I did not notice until the painting was done. I do not like the main part of the house. Oh well. It was the watercolor techniques I was after.

On Tuesday, I had my regular Big Girls art class. We did watercolor animals again with better results. One of the girls did not come because she did not want to paint watercolor animals again. Hmm. Let me tell you what I think when girls or ladies do not show up to class where they are regulars. It is kind of like being on a team - it is a commitment. You don't just not show, because you don't feel like it or don't like what the teacher teaches. You are part of a class. If you have a legit excuse, I understand. As a teacher, I work and plan on each person being there. It is kind of an insult when a person decides she has better things to do. If a person is going to be a no-show, have the courtesy to let me know ahead of time. I will get off the soapbox now.

I would appreciate if anyone who comments would also tell me how the word verification worked or did not work. 

13 comments:

OldAFSarge said...

I enjoy the effects of a nice water color. The light house is awesome.

Now to see if the verification thingee works.

OldAFSarge said...

Nope, no verification.

Bag Blog said...

Thanks, Sarge. It is hard to go wrong with a lighthouse.

Who know where I went wrong with the word verification.

Moogie P said...

I'd love to take a class from you.

Moogie P said...

Nope -- still no verification.

Bag Blog said...

I would love to do art with you, Moogie!

Jo Castillo said...

That is a beautiful watercolor. I like the composition.

Classes are hard. Everyone thinks you can just get up and teach with no preparation. It takes a couple of days to get ready for a two hour class and how long to prepare written material, etc. One of my classes only Enid showed up, we just trade classes. You never know with just 6 students. One traveling, one sick, one lazy, one not interested, and so it goes. Heh, heh. My next class is how to fix mistakes on a pastel painting, probably won't have many.
I would like your class, too.

Jo Castillo said...

No verification on my news reader or Firefox. :(

Jo Castillo said...

Not on Safari either, but I do get the opportunity to check the box to get e-mail notification of replies which I never had on your blog.

Bag Blog said...

Jo, I could use a lesson on fixing mistakes. And I need to figure out my mistake on this comment section.

Jo Castillo said...

Hmmm, interesting. I wonder. On my mac I use Safari and Firefox as a browser. Blogger works better and has more options on Firefox for some reason. Maybe that is the deal for you, too.

Jo Castillo said...

And I have to know how to fix as I make so many errors! Ha..

Bag Blog said...

I use Firefox - I need the spell check.