Sunday, March 01, 2015

The Days of Winter

It is still cold, snowy, and icy here in OK, which is kind of strange since it normally melts quickly. Church has been canceled due to the frozen streets. Toby had to go into work - end of the month closing can't be canceled.  He texted that the main roads were fairly clear, slick in spots, but with the temps going up, things should melt today. I just poured the last of the coffee in my cup and it looks rather thick - like I may need to use my teeth to sift it. Toby left a nice fire for me and the dogs. Although, the dogs cannot decide if they want to be in or out. Maybe they have cabin fever too. There is not much to do around here with everything frozen.Yesterday I worked on a painting, but Toby said it still needs help. It does need help.  So, Toby made beer and I made creme brulee. We could get really fat this winter - like Moses and Ranger.
 I've been missing the Grand-Babies. Since the GGs and Mr T have been sick this week with sore throats and ear infections, there has been no visiting them. Such are the days of winter. It is difficult to blog when winter has brought life to a standstill.

I'm thinking it is time for a change. The dogs are driving me crazy this morning. Max's tail is beating on the floor, and he and Jack keep jumping at each other. Toby wants me to drive into town and have lunch with him. I might go by and see the GGs, but the neighborhood streets are not so great. Maybe the streets will slush-up by lunch. It is March 1st. Definitely time for a change. Here is your laugh for the day - a pic of Max and GBN2 taken last week when the GGs spent the night and we watched a movie. Max loves the GGs.

7 comments:

CenTexTim said...

Not quite as bad down here - a little ice on the ground, but no snow or bad roads. It's been cold, damp, cloudy, and generally miserable most of the week. Like you, we (including the dogs) all had a bad case of cabin fever, so this morning we said the heck with it, got all bundled up, and went for an hour-long walk. Much better now...

Bag Blog said...

CenTexTim,
By 11 AM it was 34 degrees and warming today. I went to town to have lunch and run errands with my hubby. All the Imbecielios were out and at Wal-Mart.

Okie Dokie said...

I have a bunch of sandblasting to do, I'm cleaning up a truck frame to sell on eBay. The weather has been bad for so long, I haven't even gone to the shop. Course sandblasting is an outdoor activity, and I need at least 60 degrees for my old bones to function. Needless to say, my figure is suffering, and becoming molded like the sofa...

Bag Blog said...

It's funny how much more work I want to do outside when it is cold and have to stay in.

Jo Castillo said...

I agree, Gene hasn't been on his trike for more than a week. Yesterday afternoon it warmed up to 60 and got up to 74 today so we had warm for about 24 hours. We went for a walk today. Gene got on his trike went about a mile and the rain came and soaked him. At least not cold. Now it is already 50 with a low expected of 25 tonight. Sigh...... back to Lifetime movies.

Bag Blog said...

It has been a unpredictable winter. It could be worse; we could be in Boston.

Moogie P said...

Awwww, cute little baby puppy loving on the GGs!