Friday, July 01, 2016

Sanbao

Jesse is in China. She is doing a ceramics residency at Sanbao - Jingdezhen, Jiangxi Province. I did not link that, but if you want to see more photos of the area, Google Sanbao. She does ceramics by day along with some university lectures and visits from famous ceramic people from all over the world. At night, she often dines or parties with these people. The owner/director of Sanbao, Jackson Li, has taken Jesse and other art folk on some interesting tours. When Jesse wanted to see the Yellow Mountains, Jackson sent his assistant to hike with her. Jesse said that he was worried about her lack of phone reception if anything were to happen to her. He said he was like her Chinese mother. 

There is about a 13 hour time difference from China to Oklahoma. Jesse and I usually Skype, that being the best way to communicate with her since China does not do Google, early in my morning when she is finished with her day. Sometimes we Skype at the end of my day when she is just getting up in the morning. She sent the above photo sometime while in the Yellow Mountains yesterday.  I woke up to this amazing photo, but will not get the details of the trip until a bit later before she goes to bed - and then only if she has wifi. 

I know she is having a grand time. Jesse always does. It is a bit stressful for me, but I'm okay with it all. Jesse lives her life and is happy.

10 comments:

hike de bone china said...

What a view! I like how that lookout was made. Looks very much like CCC work in the 30's. That mountain just off her right shoulder looks like a nice hike to the top :-)

hike de bone china II said...

I forgot to say, for me the most stressful part of the trip would be going through the airports, argh. Little prisons...

Did your daughter have a sponsor or scholarship? Is she working on her Masters? I know I'm nosy, but "all expense paid" sounds better, ha.

CenTexTim said...

"Jesse lives her life and is happy."

Isn't that what you would want for your life?

I know, I know ... I'm the parent of an independent daughter too. Sometimes I wish she wasn't so gosh-darn independent, but I console myself with the thought that in the long run that's the best thing for her.

Doesn't make it any easier, though...

Bag Blog said...

CTT,
I do want Jesse to be happy. I want lots of things for her. No, it is not easy.

Jo Castillo said...

Looks like she is having a great time. She'll be back in OK soon. Hugs.

Jo Castillo said...

Been thinking of you when out painting. Telling folks about how we met. Fun time with you and your family!

Anonymous said...

When is she coming back? Can't wait to see pictures and read a report. Why don't you go visit her?

FF

makanan sehat untuk penderita kista said...

she seems tough woman .. what she a climber??

oakleyses said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
oakleyses said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.