Monday, April 10, 2017

Rough Weekend

We celebrated my MIL's 87th birthday on Saturday. Her mind is pretty good, but her body is weak. We ate pizza, cake balls, fruit, and some Greek pastries that Jesse brought. We also had a bit of moscato. It was a good party.

Then Toby and I headed over to see my mom. She was not a happy camper. She looked very bad due to the sores on her face from picking at herself. Her hair stands straight up off her head from her rubbing it and part of it is just rubbed off. None of that is good, but the really bad part is that she is angry and wants to get someone. That someone is usually me. It was rough. But I hung in there changing the subject every time she began to chomp on me. Wednesday she has a doctor's appointment. I also promised to take her to get her nails done. Be praying for me.

Sunday morning I asked Toby to help me with the yard work. I've been wanting to do some landscaping now that the house has stucco. Toby has been busy with his huge garden and his fence building and all his other little projects around the farm. And there are lots of projects. We missed church, but this photo was taken of Mr.T and his friend after church - dancing on the stage.

My family laughs when I say I am going to landscape, because landscape has never been my thang. My mom has always said she was going to come work on my yard. I have friends who have said they wanted to help me with my yard. They all seem to think I cannot landscape on my own. Just because I have not landscaped my house doesn't mean I can't landscape. The thing is the house is just now ready for a yard. Before, the landscaping would have been demolished by the stucco workers. Now I am ready. So, I talked Toby into giving up his projects for my project Sunday morning, and we got lots done. I still have lots to do, but I'm pleased with the results so far. In this photo, you can see the beginnings of my flowerbeds. I plan on lots of other flowers. We will probably use different brick and we are going to put in a sidewalk/pathway. We brought in lots of dirt to level the ground - it could still use some work.

Sunday evening Shay and Lindz came over for dinner. I worked on cleaning the house before they came - not because I was worried about what they would think of my dirty house, but because it was plenty dirty. Toby worked in his garden on an antique planter he bought on Craig'slist. After showering and cleaning up from all the work, we grilled salmon and veggies outside. They were pretty yummy. We had watermelon for dessert. Then we kicked back and visited for a while.

You would think that with all that work I would have slept great, but I was so sore. Today, I'm gonna pamper myself with a pedicure. Tomorrow maybe I will get my hair done.


Jo Castillo said...

Can’t believe how life gets in the way of living!

Your home is looking great. Fun to see the flowers!

Sending you plenty of hugs and more hugs.

Bag Blog said...

Thanks Jo. I could use hugs and maybe some paint time with you would be good therapy too :)

help me write my paper said...

Lovely home and beautiful kids. You house can be cleaned later but you will not be able to make memories. Spend time with your mum, she needs ypu, she is getting old but is a blessing. Laugh and have a good time with friends and family. Take care a lot and pamper yourself.