Wednesday, November 22, 2017

I Posted!

It was pointed out to me twice yesterday that I had not posted in a while. I pointed out that I had lots of excuses. All of which are invalid. My biggest excuse it my laptop. It has been on the blink and I lost lots of stuff - like my favorites, my documents, my pictures. Some of this I have recovered, but it is a pain to retrieve them when I need them. Still, just an excuse.  Computers are suppose to make our lives simple - not a hassle.

So none of my family (siblings) is coming to my house for Thanksgiving. With Mom gone, I guess no one felt the need to be here for her and no one wanted to travel here and everyone wanted to just be with their own family.  Did we lose the glue that bound us? My own kids will be here and that is actually a good size crew. Should be fun!

It is suppose to be a beautiful day on Thanksgiving - perfect for being at the ranch. Since I care nothing for football games and TV stuff and would rather be outside, this will be great. Plus the grandkids can romp and stomp outside - much easier on everyone.

Jes is bringing some art friends - people who are far from home and can't make to their own families. Having other folks is always fun and interesting. It is not the first time she has invited strays home with her. Most of the time it works well. Sometimes we get her in a corner when no one is looking and beat her up.

My art classes have been going well. We have painted our fill of pumpkins and started on snowmen.This is from the snowman party: with a few pumpkins thrown in.

Last week I watched the grand-kids all day. One of my friends who lives near the GKs came by with her grand-daughter, Gwen.  Gwen happens to be Mr T's favorite kid to play with - both have older siblings who like to play rough. Both are rough and tough together. This day, they decided to play dress-up. Then they came in and stood in front of us and introduced themselves, "Princess Gwen and Racoon Titus" which was pretty funny. Then the older GGs fixed a tea party for them. Gwen said that she and Mr T were "Beauty and the Beast." If you can't tell from the photo, Mr T is wearing a coonskin cap.

  Okay, I posted. Now I get to clean house and make pies. I wish you all a happy Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Oh, love the little ones!! Your Thanksgiving should be great. I know you will miss your mom. Wrapping my arms around you.

The paintings are fun. Wish I had the patience for kiddos. Sigh….

Happy Thanksgiving from all of us…..

Brian Pittman said...

I love the little ones. Both are looking very cute.

Etienne said...

You're going to have to use your art buddies to make her a tiara! ha. Maybe use some fence barbed-wire...

Anonymous said...

Oh, I had a laughing fit! Princess Gwen and Raccoon Titus! How adorable is that?!!! What creative kids over there!

FF