Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Display and Death

At the end of May, I met with the Jamie, the lady who coordinates the art for Viridian Coffee, and we put my art up on display for the month of June.  I think Jamie does a great job.  She has had lots of really good artists on display at the coffee shop.  Since she wants to keep it fairly local, I suggested that rather than just having one artist a month, she should have several artists and have them change out their art work quarterly.  She thought that sounded like too much work to have to deal with several artists at a time. Ha! I guess we artists are difficult.

The good news is that I have sold four paintings! Three of them are small and not very expensive, but hey! I'm in the money! When I asked Jamie when she wanted to do my meet-and-greet the artist, she said that she didn't do those anymore. People didn't come, she said. Okay, I was a bit disappointed. So, I took a photo of my paintings on the wall at Viridian and posted it on FB and Instagram. I got lots of nice words and likes.  One of my friends bought one of my paintings from seeing my photo on FB. Then another friend called and had made a time for me and lots of my friends to meet and have coffee  and view my art work.  It doesn't matter if I sell any paintings to my friends, but it is really nice that they want to gather and see my art.

On a sad note, one of my best friends died of cancer this past week. I can't tell you how sad I am and how I hurt for her family. My friend was an amazing person and lived a good life. There is comfort in knowing that she loved God and served others. Then a few days later another friend died. He was the father of one of my young friends and Jesse's good friend.  I didn't know him as well as I did Carol, but he was a sweet, caring man with a great family. I hurt for his family. Both of these people died way too young and have left daughters who will finish growing up without one parent.

Yesterday would have been my father's 90th birthday. I miss him so much.

8 comments:

Etienne said...

That one in the middle with all that yellow sure stands out. The one on the right with the road is also a nice composition.

That's a great idea to have art on display.

Bag Blog said...

Etienne, thanks. It is interesting - different people like different paintings. The one on the right with the road is maybe more simple, less showy. It's one of my favorites, but not usually a favorite for others.

Jo Castillo said...

Congrats on sales!
I love seeing the paintings all together. They look great. You know I like the houses, but the trees are super, too.

The house I have from Ecuador has such nice light in it. I like it more and more. Ah, the NM houses and the Peru one, too. Can’t choose. :)

Applause…..

Jo Castillo said...

I meant to say that my dad would have been 118 on June 18. :)

Moogie P said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friends. Ours is a painful age.

Your art is amazing, as always.

Etienne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lou said...

Jo, thanks! Sales are always good. I'm doing the art walk next week. In the heat!

Lou said...

Thanks, Moogie!