Thursday, July 05, 2018

Art Projects

Another Fourth of July come and gone.  This one was not one for the books.  We did absolutely nothing, probably because it was on a Wednesday.  Earlier in the week I picked up my art from Viridian Coffee. I sold several paintings, so I'm in the money.  Toby has been giving me a hard/funny time about staying on budget.  We are practicing for when he gets laid off from Halliburton.  So, when I purchase something - like a pedicure or something he thinks frivolous, he asks if that is coming out of the art budget.  This little bit of profit made (I snort at the word profit) from art will cover a few things, but mostly it will give me an excuse to buy more art supplies. That is why I snort at the word profit.  I spend way more on art supplies than I make.

My friend Jo is heading to NM soon to get out of the Texas heat.  She signed up for the Wild Rivers Paint out in Questa and Red River and sent me the link. After much thinking and deliberating, I decided to do the paint out too.  Then I talked Jesse into joining us.  So it is my next art project - getting ready for some plein air painting in the mountains.  I'm pretty stoked.  Seeing my NM buddies is always fun.  Painting in the mountains is a plus. Getting out of the heat is priceless.

One of other art projects is to get a website.  I've been asking around and looking at cheap and easy websites. I'm all about cheap and easy - fast is good too. If you are what you eat...

And still another art thang is World Watercolor Month.  So far I've been doing a watercolor a day. Of course we are only on July 5th.  It is good practice for me to paint everyday. Since I am the great procrastinator, it is good for me to start in the mornings. That way I am not painting late at night before bedtime. I did that one day already.  It is not good when you mess up and have no time to start over.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will be going to Questa and Red River also, leaving July 14th. We usually camp at Wild Rivers. It is my second home. I would love a painting of the gorge from there. We are taking a grandson and staying at Red River and probably not camping this time.

FF

Bag Blog said...

Who are you FF? I just don't recognize the initials.

Anonymous said...

Will you ladies have your art on display with the others at The Brass Rail at The Alpine Lodge on the 21st? We are at the Alpine Lodge now and I would love to see the art!

FF

Bag Blog said...

FF,
It was so lovely to meet you! Yes, our work will be on display at the Brass Rail. I'm sorry I did not see this earlier to answer your question. This paint out has been consuming.