Monday, August 06, 2018

Decisions and August

It has been a busy few weeks here at the Lazy B.  Even today I have a list of things I need to do. Each thing has some "ifs and buts" attached to them. You know: if this happens, then this. But if this happens, then that.  Decisions kill me. I used to roll with that pretty easily, but now I need a list to look at and help me know/decide what to do next.  Lists are my friends.

You may remember that Jesse quit her teaching job at the end of the year.  There was a part of me that was a bit disappointed (maybe not the right word) that she was not going to be teaching. I'm not sure why I felt that way. Maybe it was nice to have her settled in a house with a job, etc. Unfortunately, she was not happy teaching.  All summer people have asked me, "What is she going to do now?" Since none of us knew what was coming next, my answer has been, "Whatever she wants to do."  Well, I think she may have decided, although I'm sure that is open to change at anytime.  So there are big changes a comin'. It kind of throws me, but that is just a mom thing and I will be fine with it. Maybe because Toby and Jesse have been in the same boat all summer (the soon-to-be-unemployed boat) I've been wondering what was going to happen. I'm not anxious - just curious.

It's August and it is hot and I have trouble making decisions. Should I cut my hair? Yes. Maybe. I did make one decision. I am going to teach one day a week at the Duncan alternative school called The Edge. I'm already looking forward to it. I need some structure now and then.

Here are some photos from the paint out:
Jesse at Sheep's Crossing in the Wild Rivers area

A demo by Lewis Williams and Bonnie Griffith

St. Anthony's church

The three paintings that I entered in the show

8 comments:

Etienne said...

Your daughter's painting looks like she might be under the influence of some psychedelic root beer (sassafras) :-)

Whenever I think of Sassafras I think of the southwest...

Jo Castillo said...

I agree on the decisions, so many of mine aren’t the best in my old age. We had a gift card that I saved to use here in the mountains. I tried to use in on August 2, it expired on August 1, I thought it was August 31. Sigh….

Good for Jesse, wishing her the best in her adventures. Her painting came out so beautifully. I love the exchange painting I got. I think it is the one she was painting in this photo, right? I have it and your Wagonmound house on the mantel. Love looking at them and remembering the fun at the paint out.

Under The Air Conditioner said...

The Wild River pictures would be great with Apache's attacking the US Calvary, with dirt and arrows flying everywhere, and dogs barking.

Anonymous said...

Lou, I was happy to meet you (and Jo) at last in Red River! I only wish i could have met Jess also.

I think I will have to commission a painting from you...What did you end up selling?

The day we got back, I got sick and went to the hospital that weekend - gallbladder. Now my son is in the hospital with some kidney problem that they are trying to diagnose. We never do stop worrying about them, right?

Best wishes for the upcoming school season and your decisions.

FF

bag blog said...

Etienne, For some reason, I get the sassafras/southwest thing.

bag blog said...

Jo,
Toby made the coffee this morning without putting the top down on the coffee maker. It's one more thing about getting old.

bag blog said...

Under the Air Conditioning,
Wild Rivers is like going back in time. Maybe we need to paint in a covered wagon.

bag blog said...

FF,
Gallbladder problems! Thats no fun. I hope you are better. And may your son come through this health issues soon and be well.

! sold the church painting.