Monday, June 07, 2021

Sounds of a Summer Cold

 It seems that I am on the mend. Getting a steroid shot and some antibiotics seems to have improved my being. Although I am feeling much better, I don't sound so well. For a while I have sounded like I have a kitten mewling somewhere in my chest and sinuses. This kitten has a mind of its own and I cannot control the sound at all. Sometimes it sounds a bit more like a bullfrog. Toby says that must be the result of the steroid shot. Rocket, the puppy, has a rubber hotdog chew toy that makes a terrible wheezing sound. Several times he has gotten it stuck under my recliner. When I lean forward to get out of the chair, the hotdog squeals out and then wheezes while it sucks air back in. That would sound a lot like me - a squeaky toy! While talking on the phone to a friend, she commented on how bad I sound. I kind of like the Mae West voice, but I guess it's not for everybody. My friend said I sounded like I had bronchitis. Bronchitis sounds like a cowboy who loves to ride broncs. So, if you need a funny picture in your head, just think of me as a bronc rider and with every bounce of the horse, I squeak and wheeze like the dog's chew toy. Speaking of cowboy, I also have to couch, hark, and spit to try and get this stuff out of my chest and throat. I hate to admit, but I am about the worse spitter in the world. I need a large target and even then I will probably miss. So much for being a cowboy. I guess I will just carry around lots of Kleenex or a hanky, blow my nose, cough, spit, wheeze, squeak and repeat. 

3 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

I am laughing outloud! Sorry you are still sick…. I will give you a smile. We don’t have many pizza places here, they run from $8 at Little Caesar’s to $25 at the Italian restaurant. We often get Little Caesar’s ‘cause it is close to the grocery store. I had Siri call for me. “Call Little Caesar’s in Bastrop.” Siri, “Little Caesar’s only has one star …. are you sure you want to call that one?”

We are in a better mood after being out and about for baseball. Home after 1:00 a.m on Sat and Sun so slept in today. Fun to be in the air, baseball, no masks and freedom! Yay!

Etienne said...

I once dated a woman who won the "Cuss, Spit, and Dirty Limerick" contest in Klamath Falls, Oregon. Let me tell you, it was a fierce competition. You had to get up on the stage, and the crowd would vote.

She taught 4th Grade Elementary and Piano (not to me though).

I think I was too mannered for her, because she would complain that I hold my beer like I was worried I might spill some of it.

"well... yea!"

Bag Blog said...

Jo,
I'm glad you are able to go maskless at the baseball games. That would be a real downer to have to have them on outside when you want to yell and hoot for the hometeam.

Etienne,
Of course you hold your beer where you won't spill it. Jeeze, I'd get rid of her too. Besides, dirty limericks are a dime a dozen.