Saturday, November 26, 2022

Changes

 Our TV died. So, we went to Wichita Falls and got a new one. It is smart! Toby has been playing with the channels and watching more TV in the last few days than he has watched in the last year. He said it was important to get a new TV, because he might want to watch a game on Thanksgiving. He really meant watch the World Cup.   He has been home all this past week on vacation. The end of the year is coming up and he has not used all his vacation time. It has been fun having him home - we are practicing for retirement. I'm not saying that there were not some glitches, but for the most part, we enjoy each other and our time. 

Back to the TV story. While playing with all the new channels, he found a British show that I used to watch and had me come in and watch it. Then I realized it was not on a normal channel, but he was streaming it. And yes, he did drain our Hughes Net data. After watching one little show, all "high speed" data was gone. Not that it is very high speed, but now, it is no speed. Then just one day later the phone data was all gone, and it is extremely slow, but not slower than Hughes. Good Gravy! How slow can it go?! So last night we went to the AT&T store to check on a new plan. Hopefully, we got this sorted out where we have phone data and hotspots for our computers. But it will not begin until next week.Sigh. So here we are at the public library using their internet to get some things done - like canceling our Hughes Net. 

The HN guy tried to get me to stay with HN, of course. He told me that for what we were paying, we could have unlimited data. Great! Should have sold me on that sooner. For now, we are going with the AT&T plan. Maybe Starlink will get going around here. Then if all else fails, we can go back to HN. I did not burn that bridge. Although, when the HN agent asked to speak with my husband (since his name is on the account) he asked where Hub was. I replied, "He is at the public library using their internet since Hughes Net is so damn slow." The guy almost laughed. 

Anyway, it is kind of fun sitting here at the library (more fun at home) and last night we stopped by Viridian Coffee to steal their wifi. I got coffee out of that date. 


Art wise: I made a teapot to put in the CTAC Holiday Art Show. It won second place in the 3D catagory. Alayna's drawing won first place in the Fine art catagory. It was fine! I'll try to get a picture of it soon. Now I am working hard to get ready for the craft show next week. It looks to be a good show with lots of great vendors. 

I have some other stuff to tell you sometime, but I will save it for when I am home in my comfy place.

3 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Hope the internet with AT&T is good. We are grandfathered in with unlimited. They say it slows down but I can't tell. We are happy with Starlink at home and it should only get better as they launch more satellites. They have a bunch dedicated to Ukraine I think. Sigh...

Jennie and David have enjoyed the World Cup. I should turn on the TV I think the US is playing Iran on Fox. Yep, there it is. And the US scores as I turn it on. Whoop!

Your tea pot is so nice. I love the shape and design. How big is it? Mmmm, good.

Happy you are having a good pre retirement.

I lost the blog reader I've used for years when I got my new computer. Using the Blogger reader for now. Not as user friendly, so I hadn't seen your new post.

Take care.

bag blog said...

Jo,
Actually we are getting unlimited data from AT&T and 50 gigs each of hotspots for our computer. The unlimited data for our phones seems wonderful.

The teapot is 6 inches tall, maybe 7 with the lid.

I hope you get all your computer kinks worked out. I just got this posted the other day. Monday we get internet again - Yay!

Amnicon Studio said...

If you watch a lot of Youtube content, you can go into settings and lower the resolution. It makes a big difference in how much data you use. I'm on starlink. It recently came to my area. I love the faster speed and the family hardly gripes about someone hogging the internet.