Thursday, June 18, 2020

It has been a busy week, and it is only Thursday.  Monday I had a kazillion errands to run in town, but I got sidetracked, which is easy for me, at the CTAC office. When I went to drop off my entry to the playbill contest, there was another artist there visiting with the director. I don't know the guy very well, but he reminds me of my dad's buddies - kind of full of himself, cusses a lot, and has lots of good stories. Between Darcy, the director, and me, we kept this guy going for a while. He was raised in Austin, joined the Navy right out of high school, caught the beginning of Vietnam, and then came home and went to Southwest Texas State, where he played football - if what he says is truth :) He married a girl from OK, and ended up here working for Halliburton. He is a good storyteller and a good artist and a good distraction from errands.  I still had to go to Walmart before I coud head home.

On Tuesday I had a morning meeting at CTAC. I got a few errands done before the meeting, which was good. The meeting itself did me in. Several times in the meeting, I almost got up and left, because I was so crazed by people. It was so my father in me. The only thing that kept me there was the fact that people would have been upset if I had walked out. My dad would have walked anyway or told everyone exactly what he was thinking, which would have been worse. Maybe I have learned from his ways. I stayed, I was quiet, I doodled in my notes, I organized my thoughts, and spoke my mind, nicely. Several times, I trembled with pent-up thoughts. When all was said and done and everyone else had gone home, I laughed with Darcy and got over it.

Wednesday, I had another day at the CTAC gallery. Darcy had asked me to teach a little painting class to the Duncan High School student council kids. It was their first meeting as next years council, so I did a team building exercise. I had them paint individual canvases, but when put together made a whole picture. It went okay, but not great. I plan and prepare, but sometimes, things just don't go accordingly. Here is their finished product.
Here is a photo of a few students and their sponsor. I chose this photo because you can see a bit of the gallery, too. You can also see our set up for such classes.
It was fun, but I was worn out when it was over. 

Today, I need to get some housework done. Maybe I'll paint for myself - that would be nice.

3 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

You’re being creative, even in your behavior at the meeting, ha. Good idea for the Student Council. Fun to see them and the finished product. Hope you get to paint today. I keep putting it off until tomorrow.

Etienne said...

That tree looks like the one that used to be in my front yard before the storm came through and ripped all the leaves off.

Bag Blog said...

Etienne,
It is a pretty sad tree. Although I drew the tree for the kids, they painted something else.

Jo,
I did paint. I'll text you a photo of the painting.