Friday, June 19, 2020

Still at Home

They changed Blogger. Dang it. You know how us old dogs are. We don't like new tricks. They say it will make things easier, but I have my doubts. Sigh. It's just something else to learn and get used to. Sometimes I use the CTAC computer to type out things and print them off. Sometimes I help the out and the computer is involved. I'm sure Darcy, the director, thinks I'm computer alliterate. I just don't switch over very easily. But I'm going to keep at it. I don't want to be an old dog with no tricks.

Toby came home a little early yesterday. He was sent home to quarantine. It seems that a lady who was in his office on Wednesday has tested positive for Covid. Maybe she has it; maybe not. I'm not worried or anxious. Neither is he. It is what it is. I am hoping for him to have a little vacation from work. Of course, I fixed him breakfast today and then lunch. He told someone on the phone (he is working from home) that he will probably gain weight being home - instead of the "freshman 10," it will be the "Covid 20."

I did a little painting yesterday and finished it up today. In my head, this was going to be a more impressionistic painting. Sometimes I paint looser like that. Instead, it turned out differently. It looks like the photo it was taken from, which was in France on our bicycle trip. It was a beautiful photo. I like the painting too, even though it was not what I started out to do. 

2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Ha, I got the blogger change, web site change and wet canvas all at once. Crazy. You can use the old blogger it is at the bottom of the menu on the left. Says you can use it. I’ve been trying to use the new one so that I can use it when they finally do away with the old. I hope they leave Blogger free and ad free if you want. I like being in control of my world!

I love the painting. Great greens and calm peaceful feel to it. The distance is believable and pulls you in. Acrylics? Just lovely.

Nice to have Toby home. Practice for retirement. Our kids say conference calls/zoom are interesting with the dogs and kids. Guess Toby can isolate some for that. Give him our regards. :-)

Gene is on his trike, I made sort of a chile stew yesterday so leftovers today. Tomorrow kids are coming out for brisket and Fathers Day. Happy Father’s Day to your guys.

Bag Blog said...

Jo,
Yes, the painting is acrylic. I started to do oils, but I hate the mess. Toby had me ride bikes with him on Saturday - we rode about 6 miles, which is all I want to do these days. He also has me working more, sigh. I guess that is good for me. Practicing our retirement.