Saturday, June 25, 2022

Uncle Paul

 Last week I got a message saying that my Uncle Paul was not doing well and not expected to live and would I spread the word to family. Sure enough, Uncle Paul died the next morning. He was 92 years old. He was one of my dad's best friends growing up and married my dad's little sister. She died about 25 years ago, and he remarried a sweet lady, named Bonnie. Uncle Paul was a sweetheart of a man. Even after he married Bonnie, he was always close to our family. We all loved him dearly. Unfortunately, as in lots of cases of mixed families, there was lots of drama at his funeral. My little brother and I were involved in the planning of the lunch meal before the funeral. Although I tried to avoid much of the drama, it was difficult to not get smacked with it from time to time. I was glad when the whole thing was over. 

The above was written two weeks ago and is old news, but I thought I would post it, because it was part of my life. Of course, we have moved on - as life does.

4 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Deaths are always hard. Expected or not. Happy memories seem to help. Good you wrote about this. Hugs.

bag blog said...

Jo,
I know Uncle Paul lived a good, long life, and that he was tired. What is hard is that his generation is so few. I have one uncle left. I hate the thought of losing him.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your loss. At 92 he must certainly have seen some things.

FF

bag blog said...

FF,
Thanks for your concern on my uncle. He fought in the Korean War and was a Lt. Col. in the Reserves. Mostly, he was just a really sweet guy.