Friday, July 15, 2022

More World Watercolor Month 2022

 Sorry, my blogger buddies. I am way behind in my blogging, again. I have been doing my painting a day and will post. Also, I have glazed 30 cups and put them in the kiln today.  I'll try to post some pics of them too. The CTAC director called yesterday to say that one of their art teachers for the big week-long Arts Explosion for kids has not been responding to emails, texts, or calls. Monday is Arts explosion and they are worried this teacher might not show up, and would I possibly cover for this absentee teacher. Let me back up a few months and explain more. The two years that I participated in the Plein Air Painters of NM, I did not help with the AE, and I felt a bit guilty, since I am on the board and I can teach. The last couple of years, though, I have taught at AE. So earlier this year, I was talking to the director for CTAC and sharing some ideas of what I might teach this summer, when she said, "Has anyone asked you to teach this summer?" Well, no, they had not. I guess that was her way of telling me that they were not going to ask me to teach. Ouch! That hurt for a minute, but it was really okay. Yet, there is always that underlying feeling of "why don't they want me to teach".  The absentee teacher is pretty perky, but I lived long enough in Northern NM to know a fruit loop when I meet one. This lady may come across as a gung-ho teacher, but she is definitely fruity. I hope she proves me wrong on Monday. In the meantime, I have been putting together a little watercolor lesson on trees, and I used my practice pieces for World Watercolor Month.

July 9

July10
July 11

July12
July 13


July 14

July 15









5 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

I’ve been playing (just a little) in watercolor the last week and this makes me more and more impressed with yours! These are wonderful. The old station is so cool. I like the houses of course and the beautiful flowers. The woman is beautiful. And the aspens. Wow! Very nice lesson in trees.

Did you have to teach? It is so irritating when people don’t do what they say they will. Reliability and responsibility are two of the important traits to me. Hope it worked out.

Anxious to see the mugs. I love seeing pottery.

It has been so hot. David and Lisa are visiting at the end of the month! Excited for that.

bag blog said...

Thanks, Jo! I did have to teach Monday and Tuesday. It went well. But my body is tired from standing and running around to help kids. The fruitloop did finally call at the last minute to say that she had emailed, but it must not have gone through. I will get the mugs posted soon.

Anonymous said...

Definitely sounds fruity to me…FF

bag blog said...

FF,
I guess we all need a little fruit in our diet to make life interesting.

Anonymous said...

We are in Maine on vacation and I thought I was seeing aspens here, like your pictures, but it turns out they are white birches. We have birches in East Texas, but they don’t look like aspens, to my recollection. FF