Wednesday, August 03, 2022

Mountain Time

 I am in the mountains. It is delightful. Back in June my friend, Joy, asked me to come join her at her cabin up Bitter Creek in RR the first week of August. Her family would be here the week before (grandkids), but were leaving on the 31st. Her husband would be coming up the next week, but she had a week to herself. So, she invited me up. Heck yeah! I arrived on Sunday evening, so I have had two full days. The weather has been mountain-perfect. It had been very rainy, but seems to have slowed down this week and only sprinkling a bit in the afternoon. Of course, people up here think that it is a bit warm, but then they have not had weeks of triple digits like in OK and TX.

So far, I have been pretty lazy. Mostly, I have been visiting with old friends and hanging out at the cabin. Yesterday, we went over to Questa to see friends in El Rito and Cerro. Both friends had the most beautiful flower gardens. Their yards were green. The flowers and veggies were amazing. I took pictures to paint. So far, I have not had time to paint. Hopefully, I will find some time. 

When Joy's husband comes up on Friday, he will stop in WF and pick up Toby. Toby will get to stay for a few days and then we can drive home together. 

I'm going to try and post my last watercolors: July 20

July 21
July 22

July23
July24
July25
July26
July27
July28
July29
July30
July31






















2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Ohhhh, I told you on my blog that I am so jealous. I do miss the high country and cool weather. It doesn’t look like we will be going any times soon.

Your paintings are super. I especially like the aspens and the windmill and the barn and the flowers and the cowboys and the, etc….Thanks for sharing them with us.

Hugs to you both. We have David and Lisa here this week. We are having great times. Up to Jennie’s today in Austin,

Anonymous said...

Beautiful water colors. It looks like we won't make it to Red River this summer, boo hoo! We went to New England instead. It sounds like you are enjoying yourself and the weather. It's great that Toby will be joining you.

FF