Thursday, March 23, 2023

Retirement Report

Last week around my birthday, I started feeling a cold/flu coming on. It seemed to get worse and worse and last forever. Toby was so good to take care of me, but I could tell he was getting sick and tired of me being sick and tired. Then just as I was starting to feel better, he got sick. I really hate for him to be sick, and to know that I gave it to him. I treated him very well and did not say, "See, I told you it was bad."  Finally, we started feeling better and got out of the house for a bit. The kids came over last Saturday since we weren't running fevers. We enjoyed them, but we wore out fast. I think we are on the mend. Several people we know have also been sick - so it is a thang going around. Some have asked if it was covid, but it was way worse than covid :) Actually, we did not get tested. I figured if none of our friends reported. having covid, then chances are, we did not have covid either. I'm just glad it is over.

With Toby retired, our pottery production has gone up. we produced about 70 mugs before I got sick. I put some of them on Facebook and sold lots within a few days. Being sick slowed down production, but I think we still did pretty good this week. In the past, I had all sorts of shipping woes, but now with Toby more invested in the business, he worked it out where we can get a much better price online. He got us new boxes and a scale to weigh the boxes, etc. It's so nice to have a production manager - ha! And he vacuums the house! I guess I will keep him around.

We really are enjoying our retirement. We had hoped to go to Florida to see Jesse compete in the National Art Battle on April 1st. Toby thought we could take the Casita and just drive out there. The closer it gets, it seems to be too much right now. We have lots to do around the farm and in our pottery business. I think we will just watch the art battle online and vote. It is amazing that we can be so busy and yet we are free to do what we want. Does that make sense? It is possible that we really need to get more organized and be less "fly by the seat of your pants." Although, life is more exciting when you can wing it. 

1 comment:

Jo Castillo said...

I think Gene has mentioned many times that after retirement, he wondered when he had time to work. Always busy.

It's terrible to be sick. Hope you are fully recovered and busy with the pottery.

Too bad you didn't get to Florida. I hope to watch, we have lots going on that day.
Hugs....