Monday, June 27, 2005

Anniversary

Twenty-eight years ago today, Toby and I married in Red River, NM, at the Community House at 3:00 pm. My brother stood up for Toby as his best man, while my cousin stood with me as my bride's maid. John the Baptist officiated, and TZ Wright sang The Wedding Song. Two of my cousins and their wives helped with decorations and organization. After the "do ya, do ya" ceremony, everyone headed to the MotherLode for a reception to beat all receptions. Neil Young of Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young, happen to be in town and joined the band. It was a great wedding. Later, Toby and I drove to Santa Fe to stay at the La Fonda.

I have lots of funny stories that I could tell of the days leading up to the wedding, and stories of the wedding itself (like Toby saying "all my worlly goods instead of worldy goods). They are great memories, but the last twenty-eight years have been even better than the beginning. I won't tell you that there were not some rough spots, but through it all, love gets better.

Now, we are on the verge of moving into a new house on our own land. It will be a new phase another beginning. There are many new phases in life - like the birth and raising of our children. We have moved many times, had many jobs, and tried different things. It is important to enjoy each change, each new phase. Finding the "good" in things is also important (the Pollyanna attitude). The most important thing is to have God in your life. There is no need for marriage manuals or child rearing books if you have knowledge of God and His word. His ways are not man's ways, but they are the best ways. Thank you, freinds and family for being a part of our lives, and thank you, God.

1 comment:

inpassing said...

Congratulations!!!! Hope you find a little time to celebrate.