Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Art Shows

This weekend is the Chisholm Trail Arts Roundup at the Simmons Center in Duncan, OK. It is a fairly professional art show although mostly local artists. Friday night will be the reception with wine and finger-food served. It is a good time for all that come. The art show then continues on through the next week. I will participate in the art show as will Jesse and one of my other older art students. There is also a youth gallery for younger artists. Since I teach art and actually like kids, I get to be in charge of setting up the youth gallery. The kids love to see their artwork in the show and there are ribbons and prize money for the winners. It should be a great time.

Since I have approximately 30 students, about 20 of them participating in the art show, I have been very busy this week. I have been prodding kids to get their artwork finished so that I can get things matted and framed. It seems wilder this year than past years. I am such a sucker for the kids. I want them all to participate, and I want them all to be happy with their artwork. I feel like I have pulled and pushed and fixed and worked on each of their pieces. Last night I dreamed of matting and frames. Fortunately, I work well under pressure, but I am looking forward to the whole thing being over.

There is another art show the very next week that I will also participate in at the Duncan Regional Hospital. It is a smaller show – less pressure – no kids. Yeha!

No comments: