Friday, December 23, 2005

Holidays

The Christmas holidays have started early for me. Toby took today off as well as having Monday off. Having him around throws my timing off. All that I needed to do now has to be discussed and shared with all that he needs to do or needs me to do with him. He did take me to breakfast this morning (one of my favorite things to do with him), and then we went to Wal Mart. Fortunately, it was early this morning so we missed the crowd. Now I am sending Jesse back to town to do all the things that I needed to do, but was distracted from by Toby and his list.

Tonight the kids will go to a party in town to play games – video games for the boys and some board games for the bored girls. The paratrooper is invited too. Hopefully, he will get to know some of the other young people from the fellowship. I have mentioned that at some point someone needs to share with him the rules of girls and guys, but that totally freaks Jesse out. She hopes he will head back to Ft. Bragg without any speeches about dating and courtship. I think that if he is going to run with this crowd, he needs to know some of the rules. If you are wondering what the "rules" are, you will have to email me. The rules are not odd or strange, but these kids do things a little different because they are a peculiar people (1 Peter 2:9).

I have lots to do in the next few days so posting might be touch and go (and Toby is home all day). We will go to Mom’s on Christmas morning and then on over to Toby’s family in Electra for the rest of the day. Keep in mind that Colossians 2:16 says, " Therefore let no one act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day – things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ" Do not let the holidays stress you out. There is no where in the Bible that says you have to spend lots of money and give lots of gifts on Christmas. In fact, you do not have to celebrate Christmas at all - especially in the very commercial way society says to celebrate. That means we can celebrate Christ anytime, anyway we want. I like the freedom in that. I do want to wish everyone joy and peace in all their days.

No comments: