Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Anniversary

Today is my anniversary. I have now been blogging for one year. I went back and read my first blog which is nothing too exciting. After having a bad chat room experience, I wanted to try blogging, but I had some fears. I think I have overcome some of those fears. Having odd people write odd things in my comment section is not great, but not so bad either. The fear of those negative comments has made me very cautious in what I write. But the truth is who really cares what I think. My little brother says he likes it when I write funny stories about Jesse – keeping things light and happy. My big brother does not really read my blog because he is just so different – liberal, unbeliever, lawyer (bless his little heart). My baby sister reads my blog – I am not sure what she thinks, but she loves me. Mom reads my blog now that we have her online – that definitely keeps me in line. It always surprises me when someone says they read my blog, and yes, it makes me consider my audience. I’d like to overcome the fear of man – write more seriously about more serious subjects (yeah right). I guess I am just a lot like my little brother. Keeping things fun and light is just more me. Every now and then, something really irritates me – makes me want to fight. Blogging is a great way to express those feelings. It is also a great way to stay in touch with people. In the future, I would like to fix up my site, be more proficient, more professional.

My second posting last year, was about getting a bottle baby (calf). Now that is something I miss, but with the extreme cold right now, it is probably a good thing I have no babies. Cold weather is hard on bottle babies. Reading about "the Bambina" makes me long for spring. It also reminds me of all that we need to do to finish this house. It was about this time last year that we bought this 75 acres. We didn’t really start building until March – now there are some funny stories – the three stooges build a house. Yep, this blogging thing has been fun. I think I will stick with it for a while longer.

2 comments:

Buck said...

Congrats on your anniversary, BB! I certainly hope you keep blogging...I enjoy your stories a lot.

And I hear you about your audience. I feel limited sometimes because my kids and "baby sisters" read my blog. There is something of an image to uphold, but on the other hand, there's also "truth in labeling" or it's blog equivalent, what ever that may be...

The Friendly Neighborhood Piper said...

"Every now and then, something really irritates me – makes me want to fight."

i think you've got a little Waylon Jennings hangover here. cf. "Fightin Side of Me" good for you MamaLou.