Thursday, February 02, 2006

Monkey Brain

I told my husband that when it comes to computers, I am a monkey brain. I can only do what I am taught to do - punch a key- get a banana - punch a key - get a banana. Although I learn quickly, I need a good teacher - on who has time for me. I really miss my DSL. This dial-up thing makes me crazy. Sometimes I get way ahead of my computer, and it bogs down in retaliation. One of my art students told me to read a book while working on the computer. I should probably do that, but instead, I tend to drink coffee. Then I am a hyped-up computer monkey. I am taking my computer to the doctor tonight. Maybe we can work better next week. Now I will go paint rather than be crazed.

1 comment:

Buck said...

If it's possible to have a love/hate relationship with an object, then computers just HAVE to be the prime example. I've always said computers are waaay more difficult than they should be; the answer I most commonly hear is "Get a Mac." I don't believe that for a minute.

And I hear you about DSL, BB. Since I live on the outskirts of town the BEST connection I can get is a 384Kb "wireless" (RF modem) connection. I sure do miss DSL or a cable modem.

I sympathize!

BTW: Interesting answers to your "4s"! Thanks for playing!