Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Torturing the Hubby

According to my husband, when the lights go out, my mouth goes on. He says there seems to be a direct link between the light switch and my mouth. Actually, when I try to go to sleep, I think of all the things I meant to say to him during the day, but forgot. Toby, on the other hand, is asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow.

Yesterday, he had made some facetious comment about the clip in my hair holding my bangs out of my eyes. The clip was not meant to be attractive. I knew it was not a "good look" for me, but it was very functional while teaching art and working around the house. It was so nice to have my bangs out of my eyes, that I forgot and just left it there until bedtime. Since I was thinking about my hair at bedtime, my thoughts came out my mouth. "You know, maybe letting my bangs grow out is a bad idea." Silence from Toby. "Maybe I just look better with bangs" More silence. "You know, no one has said that my hair looks good this way" Nothing from Toby. "Even you have been very silent on the how my hair looks". Toby was still quiet, but I knew he was struggling with just the right words. Finally he said, "You can cut your bangs if you want to."

"Wrong! Not the words I was wanting!" At this point, I knew he was really working to figure out what I wanted. The whole thing made me burst out laughing which of course made him start laughing too. When our giggling subsided, he said, "I think if you just give your bangs a little more time to grow, they will look very nice."

"That’s what I needed to hear. Thank you, honey and good-night."

No comments: