Friday, August 11, 2006

Picture of the Week



The idea of doing a picture a day intrigues me, but I know it is more than I really need to commit to. Maybe I will try to get one a week - maybe I will think about it some more. Here is a 9x12 watercolor that I started and finished yesterday. One of my art girls was working on this picture and she needed help with the railing. Sometimes to help, I will paint the same scene in order to try some technique. Then they can follow my lead if it works well. My art student was much further along on the painting - so I had to hurry to catch up. It is a bit sloppy, but we figured out the railing. We also figured out that this is a painting that needs to be viewed from far away - fire up the airplane. It was fun to start and finish something in one setting. It gives you a sense of accomplishment. We will see how it goes for future paintings.

2 comments:

inpassing said...

The painting is relaxing. You have the perspective that you are sitting in a rocker under the covered porch and just looking out over the scenery. I like it.

Becky G said...

I like it too. It feels refreshing, if you know what I mean.