Thursday, April 26, 2007

Painting of the Week


I have a dozen photos that look similar to this picture. When we drove from Rome to Florence, I made Toby get off the Autostrada and drive us around the countryside so that I could take pictures. This picture actually came from the Internet as did last weeks painting. I encourage my students to constantly be on the look-out for scenes that they would like to paint and keep folders of such pictures. I have several folders, books and magazines for them to look through when they are low on ideas.
I'm off to Kerrville to day - like a herd of turtles in a bowl of peanut butter. But I plan on making like a bread truck and hauling buns soon. Don't you just love funny sayings? After church last night, I was visiting with my friend Sherry. I told her about Jesse's soldier who misread an email and will no longer write to Jesse. Considering his foul language, it is not such a bad thing, but Sherry offered this bit of funny advice. "He should make a bridge and get over it." Then she said, " But it sounds like he burned his bridge." Oh well, I guess Jesse will just have to put on her big girl panties and deal with it.
See you on Sunday.

3 comments:

Buck said...

Don't you just love funny sayings?

Ya, I do. And you mentioned several I'd not heard before. Duly filed for future use, too.

The one I used up years ago was "Let's make like sheepherders and get the flock outta here!" My friends took to so much eye-rolling when I said it that I (eventually) got the message and stopped. I hadn't thought about that for years...until I read today's post.

Have fun in Kerrville!! (And take lotsa pics... :-) )

Bag Blog said...

I like that one - especially since my son calls me the border collie - herding the group and bossing them around.

I plan on dancing the night away - with men who are old enough to be my father.

Laurie said...

I love your sayings too. I can never think of any though. I end up looking like the dumb blonde saying.... like..... like..... the submarine, yeah.... LOL! Well actually I am usually just smart enough to keep my mouth shut when I don't know what to say.