Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Today

During the summer months I like to join NetFlix so that I can easily get movies and return them without having to drive to town. I hate to watch re-runs, and I love movies. It gives me a chance to catch up on the movie scene from the comfort of my living room. Last night I watched "Lake House". The story was romantic, but the time - past and future thing - messed with my mind. The guy, Keenau Reeves, is two years behind the girl, Sandra Bullock, yet they write letters to each other. It was like watching a movie and trying to do algebra in my head. I just could not get my mind wrapped around the time thing. I had the same problem with all of the "Back to the Future" movies, but they were much more exciting.

My girl just drove off for work. She will leave after work and drive to Dallas to stay with friends overnight. Then she will fly out early Thursday morning. With both her and Toby gone, it could get a bit lonely here, although I am sure I can find someone to party with - Lindsay's mom.

I am headed to WF today to see Mom and get my hair trimmed and colored. You won't notice a thing when I get back. Only my hairdresser knows. Bo and Sara may drive over to WF a little later and have lunch with Great Gram or as GBN1 says, "Gwam Gwawm". It is funny that she can pronounce words like delicious, indicators, Consuela without tripping up, but Great Gram throws her.

3 comments:

Buck said...

I am sure I can find someone to party with - Lindsay's mom.

Sounds like margaritas and movies to me! ;-)

Becky G said...

Not just movies, but chick flicks!

I liked The Lake House. The time warp thing was part of its appeal to me, but then I have a strange mind anyway.

I recently joined Netflix myself. It's not just the movies, but I've been introducing Cody to some of the old TV shows I grew up with. Right now, we are watching the original Star Trek, and Magnum P.I series.

Bag Blog said...

Becky - I watched some of Magnum PI a few years ago - I love the short shorts.

Buck - You got that right!