Friday, September 28, 2007

Painting of the Week

This painting is watercolor on Yupo paper. I think it needs darkening up some, but art class was busy yesterday getting back into the swing of things with my art girls. I did a similar painting while in Canada, but on regular watercolor paper. This one is a slightly different view of the other painting.

Yesterday I posted a link to Jason's blog, but I did not get the link correct, so here it is again. I also corrected the link to Iraq Partii on the post. That will learn me to post without my glasses - reading the link and then running from one computer to the other to write it out and then not checking the links. Silly me.

5 comments:

Buck said...

Are your art girls experimenting with/using the Yupo paper, too? Just curious...

Today's painting is brilliant, as usual! :-)

Bag Blog said...

Although I try to make my art girls do watercolor, once they try oil, pastels and acrylics, they tend to not want to do watercolor any more, because those mediums are just more forgiving. But some of them have been intrigued by the Yupo paper and have mentioned trying it out. We will see.

Thanks, Buck.

Shelly said...

Beautiful.. Ok we need to talk lou about a painting. I am really serious. My house is only filled with artists that I have met, admired, find at art shows.. So what are you willing to part with? You can e-mail me.

The Friendly Neighborhood Piper said...

MamaLou,

Though i'm a bit sheepish to say,
keep a sharp eye out on my blog, i have an upcoming episode that will surely make your day.

Anonymous said...

Hey! This is my first visit to your blog! We
are a group of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the
same niche. Your blog provided us beneficial information to
work on. You have done a marvellous job!

Also visit my blog ... best registry cleaner