Thursday, September 20, 2007

Paintings of the Week

The chair and table painting are done on the Yupo paper. I do like the brightness and looseness of the paper. It is about a 5x7. The old house is on regular 9x12 watercolor paper. The challenge was in leaving the white because I did not bring my masking fluid. The prairie elevator is on a small postcard. I took a similar photo of another grain elevator at the Heritage Park - maybe I will do another elevator painting. I also did a larger painting of Lake Louise on Yupo paper - it is similar to the small one so I did not post it.





5 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

I like these. The loose one on the Yupo is very impressionistic. The grain elevator is my favorite .. maybe 'cause I'm a country girl. Ha.

Beautiful. Just like I remember in Canada, too.

Jo

Buck said...

I'm torn between the chair and the elevator...the chair for its colors and style, and the elevator for the subject matter, which reminds me of my stay up in North Dakota/Montana. All three paintings are excellent (as usual).

Bag Blog said...

Buck, When I asked Toby which paintings to post, he said, "Post the elevator for Buck." How did he know?

Thanks for the kind words.

Shelly said...

I love the picture with the chair, it looks so serene, you just want to sit and watch the day go by..

Shelly

Buck said...

When I asked Toby which paintings to post, he said, "Post the elevator for Buck." How did he know?

Great minds? ;-)