Sunday, December 16, 2007

Romantic Weekend

The wedding went off with only one hitch and that was the hitching of the bride and the groom. The weather cooperated. It was very cold, but the snow missed us. The purple dress was fine. Jesse looked beautiful as did the other bridesmaids and the bride. Lindsay was very elegant with her hair done up and ruffles on her dress. Sarah Ann is always elegant. The bride happens to be the youngest child in her family with three handsome big brothers. They all dressed in zoot suits and were quite fun. They lifted their baby sister up and over their heads for this great wedding shot. They explained that they had been doing this to her all her life. I got this picture of Jesse dancing with the flower girl. It was a good wedding - very romantic.


After the wedding, Jesse went off to some Christmas parties. Janice (Lindsay's mom) and I went to the movie to see "August Rush". It was a modern Oliver Twist type story complete with Robin Williams as a Fagin character. The movie was good with a bit of romance thrown in, and totally fantasy. It made for a romantic weekend. I'm ready for my man to come home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a beautiful wedding! I love the "purple dress" I think the idea of the brides maid having different dresses is a great idea! The big brother over head thing is a nice touch! I love weddings...looks like we may be having one in our family pretty soon...more on that after the holidays!!!

inpassing said...

I finally figured out how to get back on to make comments. The wedding looks like it was very pretty. Wish we could have been there.

Chris said...

So much fun! I agree about the purple dress. Take care! C

Buck said...

Most excellent pics. The one of Jess standing reminds me of a pic I saw of a certain Miss America years ago, but I cannot recall the woman's name. But it's Jess' smile in that pic that triggered the memory. Simply radiant!

Bag Blog said...

Thanks, Buck. I tend to think Jesse is radiant too, but then I am her mom.