Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Big Weekend

Friday night’s art show and reception went well. I won second place with my Lizzie and cat painting, which was a very nice surprise. Saturday I worked at the art show and Jesse and I each sold a painting – another nice surprise. Sunday we closed the art show. Most everyone was pleased with the whole enchilada. I had written a post on Saturday morning, but Blogger was a booger, and I gave up. Today that post seems irrelevant, and I am too tired to re-write stuff that now seems mundane.
Lindz’ wedding was beautiful and wonderful and all that a wedding should be. The bride was stunning. Jesse and the other bridesmaids were gorgeous. The flower girls dropped rose petals and giggled all the way down the aisle. All was perfect. As soon as the ceremony was over, I went to work in the kitchen – and I do mean work. There was foodstuff to put out and to be kept refilled. Keeping everyone in tea,water, and coffee was a chore. I guess they were having such fun, that they were just a thirsty bunch. Truthfully, I feel like I missed the party, although working to make sure that Lindz’ wedding was a smash hit, was not really work, but an act of love. I did manage a dance or two, and I rocked out in the kitchen a couple of times to the awe and wonder of some of my church friends who were raised here in the Bible Belt. Toward the end of the evening we waved the happy couple off to their honeymoon and I went back to the kitchen. Jesse came in a few minutes later and said, "Mom, I’m going home." She had big tears streaming down her face. It broke my heart.
Lindz dancing with her brother. Little girls enjoying the dancing- including GBN1 in the black dress, and The Royals - one in the foreground and one in the background - both in pink. Twins dancing.

12 comments:

Buck said...

Brilliant pics, Lou. Everyone is beautiful (of course)!

What's this about folks raised in the Bible Belt not rockin' out? Coulda fooled me, based on my time in OKC! But... "bright lights, big city"... and all that.

I really feel for Jess. Truly. I'm not being the least lil bit insincere, either. Big changes, here... and hard to take. Be gentle with her for the next few, OK? (Not that you wouldn't be, of course.)

Buck said...

Dang. Forgot! Congrats on your 2nd place showing... and to you and Jess for selling your paintings!

Junk Diva said...

The pic. of Jesse is beautiful,( did you look at Lindz in the background) LOL. It was a great wedding. Such a joy. If Jesse gets lonely send her my way, I will play with her.

I wanted to come to the art show, but couldn't get there, congrats on your pic.

Bag Blog said...

Thanks, Buck. I will be good to Jes. She seemed much better today. I think it was just that initial realization that your best friend just drove off with her new HUSBAND, and you are left alone.

Diva, I thought you were going to drop by the art show. Are you sore? Do your bones ache? I got quite a workout this weekend.

Jenny said...

Yay on the success of the show! And the wedding pics are beautiful. Those twins are CUTE!

MezzoCO said...

Congrats on the sucessful show!!


When my bestest childhood girl friend got married (I was her maid of honor) I was beside myself happy! But, at the end of the night when I got home and all the adrenaline wore off, I cried, too. It's the weird dichotemy of the feeling of deep joy paired with some sort of feeling of un-nameable loss. All in all though...definitely part of what makes life beautiful!

Bag Blog said...

Mezzo, I think you hit the nail on the head and understand Jesse's feelings exactly. Well said.

Becky G said...

Congrats, both on the art show and the successful wedding.

Anonymous said...

Wow - the wedding just looks like a fantasy dream come true. The bride is so lovely and Jess too. Sounds like alot of work but as you say - labor of love.

And yes, congrats on the paintings!

Junk Diva said...

R.S. She's a SUPER TROUPER

Anonymous said...

Congrats and well done.

Towanda said...

I loved the wedding pictures ... just beautiful

The one of the little girls dancing reminded me so much of my son's wedding reception a year ago ... the little girls had a ball dancing there too -- especially my three year old grand-daughter in her white flower girl dress and her pink cowgirl boots from Texas. LOL

Jess will do okay -- life will be different and it will take some time.

I love Lindz's dress -- it's very different and elegant.