Monday, August 03, 2009

Lazy B Weekend

After the fundraiser dinner on Friday (read below), the rest of the weekend was uneventful. Saturday was a lazy day here at the Lazy B. Toby was not feeling well, so we lazed around. Because it was end of the month closing at work, he did have to go in to the office for a few hours. Since we were in town, we dropped by and had lunch with the GGs. They were fun as always.

Sunday, Toby had to go back to work. Jesse had spent the night at a friend’s. That left me to go to church on my own. Once there, Bo and GBN2 were the only ones from his family at church because GBN1 had a sore throat. I was amazed that GBN2 could wiggle and squirm as much as she did. She used those big baby-blues to keep everyone around her entertained. After church, I met up with Jesse, and we had lunch at the local greasy spoon along with some other friends. After a big dog nap, I went with Jesse to play some beach volleyball (sand court at the park). It was rather warm out. That sand is hard on my muscles, but the volleyball was good. I slept like a baby.

During the weekend, I managed to take some self-portraits. Jesse and I had some fun with it. Of course, Jesse is always fun, and we are both easily entertained. This is the first photo I took of myself. Then I took several more, which were pretty funny - deer-in-the-headlights look, close-up of my teeth, etc. Maybe my arm is not long enough. That is when I enlisted Jesse to help me (the queen of self-portraits). We did some cropping and brightness fixin' to get this shot. I hope some of you will post your self-portrait too.

5 comments:

Buck said...

Oh, Lord. Now I suppose I gotta do this! (But not right this minute) :D

Yours turned out way nice... I'm impressed. And I never noticed (no male-bashing comments, please)... do you really have one green eye and one hazel? Or is that just the coloring in the pics?

Bag Blog said...

Buck,
Would I bash you? My eyes seem to change from a light green to yellow at different times - maybe depending on what I am wearing or something. I guess this time only one eye was changing :)

Buck said...

My pics are up. Such as they are.

Jo Castillo said...

Interesting idea. I sketched a self portrait today, haven't posted yet. I guess that doesn't count. Nevermind.

Bag Blog said...

Jo, I think it counts if you post it.